Tom Tom 5200 GPRS

I was driving up motorway and although it showed hold up on the side bar it did not take me off motor way to miss hold up which it used to do if possible.
So it is picking up traffic now. That's great. As for diversions, it will only do so if the diversion is reasonably less time than the jam that you're facing otherwise. I frequently find that to be the case here. Always have.
Anyway, it sounds as though you have traffic enabled and running now with your phone.

So it is picking up traffic now. That's great. As for diversions, it will only do so if the diversion is reasonably less time than the jam that you're facing otherwise. I frequently find that to be the case here. Always have.
Anyway, it sounds as though you have traffic enabled and running now with your phone.
Thank you for your replies and help,I will wait and see what Tom Tom say .

Well E- Mail from Tom Tom support , 2nd line technical Dept have updated my sim from their end finally so next I have to do factory reset then soft reset and give it 48 hours to update things then see what happens . Fingers crossed this will be the end of the saga.

Tried my 5200 today travelling 320 miles for work , had trouble maintaining WiFi connection to my phone all the time . Original problem still there where I ended up in a traffic jam as the device did not take my away from the situation like it used to about two years ago.

Have not had issues maintaining a WiFi connection before. What kind of phone, and under what circumstances was the signal dropped? Was there any pattern to it?

As for the 'problem'. Was the device showing that the traffic existed? Sometimes, the lesser of the evils is to put up with the traffic on a main road rather than being diverted to smaller roads. Next time you see this, ask the device to produce an alternate route ("Current Route" / "Find alternative") and see what it comes up with for time differences.

New Apple IPhone SE but other phones in car too. Traffic showed existing just no WiFi connection

New Apple IPhone SE but other phones in car too. Traffic showed existing just no WiFi connection
The last known traffic situation will continue to be displayed for a short while if the connection is lost, so no surprise there. I know Apple and TT have had a rough go with the Bluetooth connections, but first I've heard of a WiFi tethering issue.

Is your 5200 trying to make WiFi connections through multiple phones?!? Have never seen an experiment that attempted that, and have no idea what happens if the 5200 starts trying to bounce between them for any reason. Or do you mean 'too' separately?

My Tom Tom was only connected to my Apple phones WiFi bit it dropped out when another phone in the car received a call . Also when I checked other devices nearby were being picked up by my sat nav on Bluetooth etc available but not connecting

How many of these phones are yours, and how many have ever been connected to your TomTom via WiFi or Bluetooth?

How many of these phones are yours, and how many have ever been connected to your TomTom via WiFi or Bluetooth?
I only have one phone and this was connected to my device only and is the only one for last year . When you drive along the road plenty of other devices come up as available which is normal. My friend in the van had his phone on but not connected to my device but when he received a phone call and message if knocked out my WiFi connection for some reason.

Ask a Question