Tom 720 pair BB 9800 Rogers Canada

ok - i bought my 1st GPS TomTom 720
I got the free upgrade App 8.351 & Map v830.2284

i was successful in pairing my new BB 8900 and it worked awesome!
2 days later , now it won't pair up. All my contacts are stil loaded in the TT but no connection.
I spent many hours trying everything to reconnect.
Any suggestions?

Opps my post should have said 8900 not 9800

Last edited:
BB 8900 working agian with 720

Ok its working again.... since the 720 did not list my bb8900 in the setting i used anotherBB model number and it worked.
I am crossing my fingers that it will stay this way and no more experimenting with settings. lol

What things did you try? Resetting the unit. Trying to re-establish the connections?

(btw, make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. Ensure hidden files/folders are showing)

720 pairing with BB 8900

on my BB 8900
here are settings for the 720
Trusted = Yes
Encryption = Enabled
Echo Control = On

on my 720
I just followed instructions on the 720...when it got to selecting my bb , it did not have my model number so I used the nearest model BB #8820. To my suprise it finished the blue tooth connection. Works great now! Evertime I turn on the 720, it automatically pairs up my BB8900.

is thier a step by step instructions on how to back up by using explorer vs home? Since i am new to the forum, I will try to surf for more information on backing up via explorer.

Ask a Question