Toll charge in London, U.K. TomTom 930

TomTom Model(s)
930T
How come all destinations when I do a demo on announce a voice saying that there is a Toll charge.
I am sure not all destination has a toll charge.

Is there something wrong with the TomTom 930 ?

How do I disable and enable this announcement ?

Thanks

Zhong

Whilst there are toll roads in the UK there are not that many, when you plan your route and see the message where are you going from/ to, if central London is involved there will be toll charges as most of the city center has a congestion charge applied (yet another form of taxing the motorist).

To be honest when I go to London I use the train its simply not worth the hastle of using the car, when you get there it costs a fortune to park the car so the train is not only quicker its less trouble - Mike

Interactive Congestion Zone Map

The reason for my buying a 930 was my trip to England and Ireland last year.
I too was surprised that Google maps do not show the Congestion Charging Zone.

Here is an interactive map which may be of help.

TomTom and the Route Planner are very good to plot a location but I always plan trips first with Google maps to have a general over view and orientation..
Lucky for me the London locations were just outside the congestion zone and with the Westway being a free thoroughfare didn't have any problems going from Shoreditch to Hammersmith.

Saw a post in the UK forum which may relate, Arno.

Under planning preferences, what is your setting for notification of toll roads? Someone in the UK forum surmises the warning he got about a route was advising that the route would be going through the congestion zone ...... I think.:confused:

Under planning preferences, what is your setting for notification of toll roads?
Ask me every time I plan
Someone in the UK forum surmises the warning he got about a route was advising that the route would be going through the congestion zone ...... I think:
That's the way it works and that makes perfect sense, particularly when "fastest route" has been selected.
TomTom doesn't know about the Congestion Charging Zone but knows when it enters a toll road.
All roads in that congestion zone will have been tagged as toll roads.

Just for the heck I simulated from Shoreditch to Battersea. Asked if I would permit toll roads it went straight though the City, 30 minutes and 10.6 km (almost midnight there).
Find Alternative > Recalculate Original > Avoid Toll Roads, 34 minutes and 12 km.
Maybe I should have found a more drastic example but, I thaink that;ll do.
Cheers,
Arno

Ask a Question