TLV file

TomTom Model(s)
Go 730
Can someone tell me what this means?

I also have a folder on my device drive, i.e. G: drive that is called Western_Central_Europe_2GB and another called Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB is there a reason for things to be in both of these folders?
In the one called Western_Central_Europe_2GB I have two GIF files and one file called Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB.toc which I am unsure if this is correct.
When I go into manage my go I don't have a picture alongside the map on my device but there is on the computer so I copied the GIF files to the folder called Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB where all the other files are but nothing happened.
I also have found a folder in the G: drive called maps and this has a file called Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB.tlv but I don't know why this is here?

Can someone please answer these questions for me?

The gif/toc folder and the .tlv files aren't necessary. They are index files that help HOME figure out what's loaded on your machine. Without them, HOME will parse the big map folder and still figure out what's on the device.

Still, they're tiny, so I wouldn't risk messing something up by removing/changing them.

Tlv

Thanks for the reply with these details.
I won't delete anything but was thinking about moving it to one of the folders within the TT main folder, i.e. G: drive.
I am still not sure the difference between the Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB and Western_Central_Europe_2GB?
Can everything not just be put in one of them?
Cheers, Paul

My guess was the gif/toc folder was there from the original factory image. Then when you ran latest map guarantee it erased the map with that old spelling, and put on a new map with new spelling.

You can open up the toc file with notepad, and it will have the map version there. If it refers to an older map number, then I've proved my hypothesis.

If it bothers you, make a backup first, then just delete the gif/toc folder.

Tlv

Thanks for your replies MLV.
I am still unsure why I have no pictures of maps beside my map on my device when I go to my manage my device. There is a little picture of a map beside the map on my computer.
Not the end of the world but odd.

Ask a Question