Tip O The Day, Make your Batter last twice as long.

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One (3rd ed)
Tip O The Day, Make your Battery last twice as long.

Hey all,

Found out a neat trick to make the battery life just about double,

Main Menu 1 - > change preferences - > screen 4 of 5 - > Brightness

1 - Go into the preferences for screen brightness, and lower the day time to about 50%.

2 - Change the night time to 10% or less.

The power drain for the back light drops significantly, and I find that the brightness levels are just fine for day/night time use.

On one trip I got about 2.5 hours out of the battery light with the original brightness set. I was able to extend that to 4.5 hours in night time mode.. with the brightness dropped.

Last edited:
Hey all,

Found out a neat trick to make the battery life just about double,

Main Menu 1 - > change preferences - > screen 4 of 5 - > Brightness

1 - Go into the preferences for screen brightness, and lower the day time to about 50%.

2 - Change the night time to 10% or less.

The power drain for the back light drops significantly, and I find that the brightness levels are just fine for day/night time use.

On one trip I got about 2.5 hours out of the battery light with the original brightness set. I was able to extend that to 4.5 hours in night time mode.. with the brightness dropped.

Thanks for the tip. As my 510 gets older I notice the battery does not last as long!!!

Yes, good tip. I'm going to try that.

Also, I've set my TT to turn off the display between instructions. That's got to help too.

Ask a Question