Tilt and swivel mount Go 750

TomTom Model(s)
go 750
I am looking for a tilt and swivel amount for a Go 750 but after contacting all the sellers I can find on the web I can't find one. It seems that Tom Tom are no longer supporting. Anyone know where I can buy one (with shipping to Spain)

Thanks,

John

Strange you can't find one.....

The UK TomTom website still has the normal windscreen mount for sale (although you do have to buy a bundled charger too).

It also has the one including an RDS-TMC receiver , and the one for fixed mounting with the flat plate at the back.

http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/products/accessories/mounts-holders-docks/active-dock-mount-kit/
http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/product...ctive-dock-traffic-rds-tmc-with-ipod-support/
http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/product...ers-docks/active-dock-for-fixed-installation/

I just switched the site to Spain (click on the flag at top right) and they all seem available in Spain too.

I do not want the windscreen mount. The fixed tilt and swivel mount seems to be unavailable and the Active Dock for fixed installation that you have linked to lists an assortment of "where to buy" options but none of them appear to have it.

thanks, but it seems that if no one has one in stock I will have to keep looking for a used one

I do not want the windscreen mount.

With respect, you didn't SAY that.

The fixed tilt and swivel mount seems to be unavailable and the Active Dock for fixed installation that you have linked to lists an assortment of "where to buy" options but none of them appear to have it.

The RDS-TMC mount is available from the TT website. And the standard windscreen mount is available from Amazon.co.uk (TomTom GO LIVE Active Dock Mount Kit) You could dismantle one of those and fix it to a Brodit ball mount.

Or AmazonUK have the Brodit version of the fixed mount here:
Brodit Active Dock Car Cradle Holder Tilt Swivel for TomTom GO x50

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I have ordered the one you proposed from Amazon UK. They do not ship to spain so I arranged to have it sent to my daughters address for her to forward on to me. They have sat on the order until I asked how the order was proceeding they cancelled it. It seems that everyone advertising it has to get it from the manufacturer who has ceased production.

I have the brodit plate to fit my air vent, any further ideas of what fitting I can buy that will help me "bodge" the installation?

Thanks,

John

Brodit do a TomTom-sized "ball" on a square plate, and you can then dismantle a normal windscreen mount to fix onto it. You'll need a small "Toxr" (star-shaped) driver to open up the ount, but it's quite easy to fit it onto the new ball after that.

Or you can even cannibalise any old TomTom mount if you want to produce a really custom solution, like I did here for my Go940 using an old Go720 mount.

attachment.php

Attachments

• My940Mount_3_(400x300).jpg
    My940Mount_3_(400x300).jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 4,037
Brodit do a TomTom-sized "ball" on a square plate, and you can then dismantle a normal windscreen mount to fix onto it. You'll need a small "Toxr" (star-shaped) driver to open up the ount, but it's quite easy to fit it onto the new ball after that.

Or you can even cannibalise any old TomTom mount if you want to produce a really custom solution, like I did here for my Go940 using an old Go720 mount.

attachment.php

I have tried again to order the active mount (not the tilt and swivel this time) from another supplier and got this

Apologies, the manufacturer has stopped manufacturing this item as there is a production issue.

I have also spent hours searching for your recommended brodit with a tomtom sized ball but I think that this must also have ceased production. Can you point me at any that you have seen or explain further what alternative fittings would work. Do all tomtom ball mounts fit the 750?

Thanks,

John

As far as I know, every mount made by TomTom has the same sized ball. So if you can find any two parts that would do what you want then they should fit together.

I always struggle with the website for Brodit in the UK, so hav'nt (yet) found what I was looking for, but I quickly found the Arkon equivalent here:
http://www.arkon.com/tomtom_gps_alternative_mount.php

It's the APTTV but it might only be included with complete mounts.

Or there's the Carcom version (the CNM-163) here:
http://www.carcomm.eu/products/Navigation-Cradles/Passive-Mounts/TomTom/GO-550-750-950/?details

Their complete mount (here may be of interest too, but it seems to be a wrap around design which may or may not be to your taste.

OK Andy, Thanks for your help I think that I have it sorted now, But I would much have preferred for Tom Tom to support their products for a little longer.

Thanks again,

John

Ask a Question