Think I'm screwed...

Hello all,

What an intro, eh? I'm from Ottawa, Canada (can you tell?), and I'm a newbie to TT and this site. I have recently bought a TTXL in the US, brought it back to Canada and it was working well. Logged into to TT Home, and it said I needed a map update and GPSQuickFix, which of course I blindly did. Ever since, I have been unable to get a GPS signal, and my recent issue is that, after pressing the reset, it doesn't even get beyond the startup screen (picture of the driver pointing). What the h__l went wrong?

By the way, I'm not a software guru, so please try to keep any input at a fairly basic level!! Thanks so much in advance...

Steve

Hello all,

What an intro, eh? I'm from Ottawa, Canada (can you tell?), and I'm a newbie to TT and this site. I have recently bought a TTXL in the US, brought it back to Canada and it was working well. Logged into to TT Home, and it said I needed a map update and GPSQuickFix, which of course I blindly did. Ever since, I have been unable to get a GPS signal, and my recent issue is that, after pressing the reset, it doesn't even get beyond the startup screen (picture of the driver pointing). What the h__l went wrong?

By the way, I'm not a software guru, so please try to keep any input at a fairly basic level!! Thanks so much in advance...

Steve

can you get onto tomtom home. You need to delete the application and then redownload it. Do a pin reset and before you start the tomtom put it on your dock and then restart your unit. As you restart your unit it should connect to tomtom home

Last edited:
Unscrewed....thanks! More....

Thanks Doc! In the interim, I called tech support, waited no more than 5 minutes, then got a live person! They sent me an email with the process for re-loading the application file (he said that sometimes when updating the unit you can get a corrupted download). Once I changed the name of the Download folder on my computer, then I re-plugged the unit in, it sensed that I needed a new application file, then loaded it automatically.

I think I'm rocking (have to re-do favourites, home, etc.).....thanks for the input!

Steve:)

Ask a Question