The Shifting POI Icons

I have noticed something very odd in the Browse Map function. It will show the icons that I want to see in the window, but only some of them. Then, if you zoom in or out, the displayed icon set changes.

So for example, if you want to find Starbucks on a map, you will see some. Zoom in, and you will see more, or perhaps less. Change the zoom again, and other Starbucks will appear or disappear, along with or without other POI icons. There is no consistency, and if you rely on one zoom setting, you may actually miss some POI's that are there. Slightly dragging the map which causes it to refresh has the same effect, even though it may be essentially the same view.

I have noticed something very odd in the Browse Map function. It will show the icons that I want to see in the window, but only some of them. Then, if you zoom in or out, the displayed icon set changes.

So for example, if you want to find Starbucks on a map, you will see some. Zoom in, and you will see more, or perhaps less. Change the zoom again, and other Starbucks will appear or disappear, along with or without other POI icons. There is no consistency, and if you rely on one zoom setting, you may actually miss some POI's that are there. Slightly dragging the map which causes it to refresh has the same effect, even though it may be essentially the same view.

I have noticed exactly the same behavior.

Ask a Question