The Orange Screen with the Red X

I recently connected my TomTom One to my computer for update purposes. I ran the new application which stopped during installation due to insufficient space. I cleared the space and attempted to relaunch the updates. An orange screen appeared on my device with a red X. I attempted to 'soft restart' the device - no luck. I attempted to delete the application and redownload it - no luck. Now every time I start the device - the orange screen with the flashing X stays on - completely frozen.

Sounds as if the unit was disconnected before data could properly be written to the flash drive.

See if anything here helps.

Also, how were you attempting to remove the application?

You can try using Explorer and remove all the loose files in the root of the unit. NO folders or their contents.

Then try to dl and install the application again.

I think that may have worked. The section where I had to delete everything except the maps, kinda freaked me out - but it ended up resolving the problem.

Now, do you know if my initial updates (applications, quick GPS fix) were downloaded onto my device? I'm guessing they were when I re-downloaded all the new information.

Thanks Again!

They probably were but you can use Home to see items on my computer. It'll show you what's listed.

You can always dl the recent application using Home and get quickfix updates as well. It's the map that is really important and, if lost, may not be able to be obtained unless you pay.

Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents now......

Ask a Question