The only map on my TT One 3rd is Guam

The only map is Guam. I tried the home map updates it said I had none. I tried changing preferences then maps but again just Guam.I don't know if I need to return it or if it can be fixed.I followed the advice given to others but it isn't working and I have tried resetting it.Any advice would be appreciated.

I tried changing preferences then maps but again just Guam

I presume you are talking about the 'Switch maps' function. So the only map in the list is Guam?

I would take the unit back for an exchange, if you can. It's the fastest fix. Otherwise, get on the phone the TT Customer Service.

This can happen when a map update is interrupted. The USB interface on the TomTom ONE is slow, and TomTom HOME is buggy, so large maps like USA_and_Canada often get munged during copy.

The easiest solution is a full restore from backup.

A more difficult solution is to convince TomTom support that the device ate its map so that they will give you a freebie map update.

Also check \My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\map folder for the activation_map.zip file and the USA_and_Canada.zip files. If these files exist, then unzip them them to the TomTom device, and they may be recognized.

Ask a Question