The Guam Problem... again

I did a search and found others with the same problem, however the solution offered did not work for me.

My tomtom think's I am in Guam, but I am in Massachusetts USA.

The suggestion was to go to switch maps and select the North America 2 gig. However, that map does not show up, only Guam shows up.

I plug my TomTom into the computer to download the United States map, and it says it is already installed on my device.

It will not let me reinstall North America, nor will it let me delete the Guam map from the tomtom because it says it is 'in use'

So, if the map is installed on my device, how do I get my device to realize it is in there somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated.

i did a factory reset and that did nothing

did pin reset, nothing.

should i delete all maps from my device, and load them up again?

would that work?

Last edited:
When you connect to the computer, start Home and select Add Maps/Voices.......what does it say about the maps? Does it show the NA map on your computer?

Also, move to Items on My Computer. Does it show the NA map listed? If so, then I would move the entire NA map folder from the UNIT to a folder on your hd and then select the NA map in the listing of items on my computer and try re-installing that way.

alrighty

I came up with that before I saw your post.

I copied exsisting maps from device to computer.

Deleted maps off the device.

Reinstalled the maps onto the device. I waited 20 minutes or so watching the green bar load the map onto the device.

WHen it was finished I disconnected the device from the computer and now it says no maps found.

If the map is on the device, it just doesn't know where to find it.

I had the same problem. Your U.S. Maps are version 8. something and you must download the latest firmware for your tomtom for these maps to be seen. Just run updates on home and you should be good to go.

fixed my guam problem really easily

after running my first set of tomtom updates i was stuckin guam. i tried the factory reset and the pin reset and the flash to clear the firmware utility and i was always in guam.

so i started looking around the tomtom device which showed up as drive letter E: in "My Computer" (windows xp), I noticed the file named CurrentMap.dat which I opened with Windows notepad and it contained the following:

/mnt/sdcard/Guam/

The Guam corresponded to a folder also in my drive letter E: So I looked and there was also a USA_and_Canada. Using notepad I simply pasted the folder name in place of Guam and saved the file:

/mnt/sdcard/USA_and_Canada/

I then disconnected and when my TOMTOM one XL restarted I was in the US.

Hope this helps someone.

Ron

Ask a Question