The biggest capacity SD card

HI

I have a go710 and a 2Gb card. But the card is running almost out of space.

Can someone tell me if I can use a 4GB SDHC card in the tomtom? If not, what are the other options?

Cheers

HI

I have a go710 and a 2Gb card. But the card is running almost out of space.

Can someone tell me if I can use a 4GB SDHC card in the tomtom? If not, what are the other options?

Cheers

Not sure about the 710 and what app verson you are running.

With the Go's you were able to use 4GB cards with app 7.20 I beleave and now with app 8.30 we can use a 16GB card if we like.

Not sure about the 710 and what app verson you are running.

With the Go's you were able to use 4GB cards with app 7.20 I beleave and now with app 8.30 we can use a 16GB card if we like.

I am using a Go710 Uk version with latest Western and Centeral Europe map on a version 7.903.

Deos this mean I can run the 4Gb card?

I don't mind upgrading to the 8.3 series if it means I can use even a bigger card ;)

I am using a Go710 Uk version with latest Western and Centeral Europe map on a version 7.903.

Deos this mean I can run the 4Gb card?

I don't mind upgrading to the 8.3 series if it means I can use even a bigger card ;)

I would think you would have no problem running the 4GB card with that. If that is the latest app for the 710 you might even be able to run larger.

Have you looked on the TT site ?

The 510/ 710 can only use SD cards it CANNOT use SDHC, whilst it is possible to purchase 4GB SD cards they are quite rare, once you get to 4GB most are SDHC which the device won't read.
TopRam and Transend are two makes that do produce 4GB SD cards - Mike

The 510/ 710 can only use SD cards it CANNOT use SDHC, whilst it is possible to purchase 4GB SD cards they are quite rare, once you get to 4GB most are SDHC which the device won't read.
TopRam and Transend are two makes that do produce 4GB SD cards - Mike

mikealder
Thank you for your explanation.Becasue my English is poor,my understaning is that the 510/710 can only recognize TopRam and Transend 's SD card .Is that true?

The 510/ 710 can only use memory cards that are of a true SD type, the two manufacturers I mentioned are the only ones that supply 4GB SD cards, as most memory cards of 4GB and above are of the SDHC type that your device cannot use - Mike

Ask a Question