Text-to-Speech voices with the Go510?

Has anyone posted or figured out how to get the computerized Text-to-Speech voices enabled for the Go510? (The ones that can read street names, etc.) I heard that they weren't on the 510 unit because of disk space but those of us with larger SD cards should be able to use them. Any info is appreciated!

Jason

Hi Jason,

The unit itself is capable, but TomTom has disabled through firmware. The other issue is how would you get the computerized voices? They are licenses for the 910 only, and unless you have a 910 there's no way to even get those voices (legally.)

Fanchee is correct. What you're trying to do is against the license agreement you have been granted with the software.
If you would really like TTS, the 910 would be the way to go.

I read on another forum, some Garmin Nuvi 660 users have to turn off TTS because TTS sucks lot of CPU power, slows down the screen refresh causing them to miss turn.
Pay extra for someting then disable it !:eek:

Nah, I have a 660 and this is just not true. The battery on the 660 isn't anything to brag about, but I don't have any problems at all with screen refresh or missing turns. The 660 is a very nice unit - although I LOVE my ONE! :)

This is not the case with the 910. TTS doesn't drain all the power out. I always have my computer voice 'Dave' and I've never used the car charger.

Hi guys.
I talk about the CPU power, not electrical power. Sorry that I was not clear enough.:)

Ask a Question