Testing European routing from US location

F22

We've decided to NOT spring for the extra rental car gps fee while in Austria/Italy.

I've got my hopefully trusty 920 with European maps (I have not really upgraded the maps or firmware). It has worked to my satisfaction for US and US-Canada. But I would not mind testing it out in advance on some European routing.

I would like to plug in Munich (landing) to, say Seefeld, Austria or Altenmarkt im Pongau (austria). Thence to Arabba, Italy and see what types of routes it proposes.

I am not as familiar with "supposition" routing from my airchair as I would like. Hints, or tutorials or..... that might help me do this in advance of the trip?

Thanks in advance

Start by Manage Maps-->Switch Map and select the European map.

Now, use the option Advance Planning A --> B.

Pick the starting point (for example, if you select 'city centre', you may have to tap the flag to get to the starting country). Then select the destination aqnd do the same process.

Another method is via Itinerary Planning. Again, get to the European map first, before you start.

Thanks for the help hint. I have forgotten those methods of anticipatory planning. Even after I did it the first time, I forgot and again just started NAVIGATION. Of course, the gps was physically sitting in the pacificnorthWET and was lost and had some real problems navigating to Seefeld in Tirol. Once I was "in Munich" it did much better as a PrepareRoute (A-B)

Again, thanks.

PS - know any European POI sites - like Spar Markets?

Last edited:
Sorry for this non-Tomtom-relate question but can anyone who own Garmin units please confirm that Garmin gps do not have this "Advanced Planning A -> B" feature?
Thanks

Ask a Question