temp and pressure settings

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
Hey gang, although this question relates specifically to my TTR2, I am placing it here as there seems to be little action in the Rider section.

My new TTR2 has settings in the preferences for temperature and barometric readings, i.e., celcius, inches of mercury, etc.

I have entered my preferences, but where do they show up on the unit itself? I cant find anything in the manual regarding this, other than the ability to enter the preference.

I suspect that other TT's have this feature as well, and am hoping someone can shed some light.

Cheers,

Rick in Canada

I asked TT support those very same questions!
They told me that they only apply if you have the weather service hooked up and available. The altitude that the TT can display (thru 3rd party software only) is a mathamatical formula derived from satelite fixes, NOT barometric pressure (though that is not how it is advertised!). There are no temperature sensors in the TT units that I am aware of (I did read that some of the higher end units that have accelerometers built in to assist in computing direction and location in the event of temperary sattelite signal loss, do have some sort of temp sensor, but it is not for monotering ambiant temp. It is something involving some sort of electrical phenomn that I did not quite get).

Last edited:

Ask a Question