Tele Atlas vs Navteq in Ireland

TomTom Model(s)
One Regional
I have found a number of map errors in the Cork, Ireland area on my TT map for UK and Ireland, which I understand is based on the TA mapping. I have reported them via mapshare and recently have tried reporting them directly to TA.

I have also logged on to the NT site and checked their maps of the same area. Most of the errors which TA have are already corrected on NT (maybe they were never there in the first place)

These errors cover misnamed roads, missing road, missing complete housing estates (which have been around over 30 years in some cases), misaligned road. I know the area very well and and use my TT to locate specific addresses within a 20 mile radius of Cork City. I do local deliveries for a flower shop. It gets quite amusing when I head along what I know to be the fastest route to a nearby town and TT keeps telling me to "Turn around when possible" because it does not realise the road exists or when I appear to be driving across fields because the road is misaligned on TT.

Any other users of this map find similar problems?

I think it was just last year that TA offered a complete map of Ireland for the first time. Navteq has had one for awhile, so I would expect it to be accurate.

Ask a Question