Taxi drivers:

TomTom Model(s)
Go720
How much do you use your gps, and when do you just "go the way you know"? You see I'm having trouble finding a happy medium with the fastest and the shortest routes. Half my city is a parking lot, and my device thinks that they seem a great solution to making alot of turns. Seriously though, fastest, shortest..... somebody ALWAYS ends up P.O.'ed. by the way, I'm new to taxi, but know the area like the back of my hand, I just need a tool to keep fares down. 'elp?

IQroutes models are supposed to be better than other brands at avoiding traffic. Is your tomtom a recent IQroutes-compatible one?

There is a bug in IQroutes where it doesn't avoid roads that drive less than 15mph (I've been hoping they'd fix this for a few months now). Other than that, it does a near-perfect job of finding the best routes around city traffic.

You may also want to buying consider a 740, its traffic coverage contains lots of city streets which will also help you get around.

Otherwise, I suspect you'll find all the shortcuts after a month or two of daily driving.

Ask a Question