Takes a long time to Access Satellites

I have been using the 910 with not many problems for the last couple of months. All of a sudden it is taking a LONG time to access the satellites. As much as 5 minutes after putting in a destination. In the past it was very quick. No changes, same car, same location on windshiels. When I look at the satellites they are all there but grayed out and nothing I can do gets them to go to blue. I eventually get them (sometimes I have to re-enter my trip destination) but it take much to long. I have all the latest updates and firmware and no changes to config for a couple of months.

Any Ideas?

I would normally say to download the QuickGPSFix but it hasn't been released this week (at least I don't remember downloading it yesterday). When TT releases the latest QuickGPSFix, you will get faster connections to the satellites.

I've been having the same problem, Longer access times for the Sat's.
I've even lost them driving and this morning when I went in the store to get coffee and hit the road, It had lost the Sat's and took about a couple miles driving before they started up again.

Would resetting the "HOME" position help?

You can certainly try and see if that helps but I think your problem is more about getting the sat signal so the device can pin point your location.

I think once we get out QuickGPSFix the access to sat's would be much quicker.

I've been having the same problem, Longer access times for the Sat's.
I've even lost them driving and this morning when I went in the store to get coffee and hit the road, It had lost the Sat's and took about a couple miles driving before they started up again.

Again, I think once we get the updates for QuickGPSFix the sat access time will reduce.

Do you wait in your car until your nav picks up the sats? or do you drive off and while your unit is searching for them?

I have been having exactly the same problem for two weeks now and I update quickfix at least once a week. Yesterday it lost all satellites for about three minutes. It also only picked up just a few and had me tracking about 1 mile north of my actual position.

This morning it picked up the satellites immediately.

You never can tell

I have tried it both ways. I've driven and waited for it to get the sats. I've even take down the 910 and stepped outside the car and it still takes a while to access the sat's. I took a trip from CT to PA this weekend and no change. It took, one time, almost 5 minutes to access the sat's. As I said in my first thread. Initially, I didn't have a problem accessing the sat's. It started about 3 weeks ago.

How will we know when this "QuickGPSFix" is available?

How will we know when this "QuickGPSFix" is available?

AFAIK, they don't give out a release date or schedule of when the QuickGPSFix is available. A couple of weeks ago it use to be Sunday for me, but I recently I've been downloading it on Tuesday (yesterday).

You get it but connecting it to HOME which should dl automatically.

sometimes on my 910, Home says there are no new updates when it comes to downloading Quickfix. It's wrong!!!!!
What you have to do is turn on Virtual TomTom and go your 3rd menu page and select download your updates or something. It will bring you to another menu and u select download quickfix. It will update there!

sometimes on my 910, Home says there are no new updates when it comes to downloading Quickfix. It's wrong!!!!!
What you have to do is turn on Virtual TomTom and go your 3rd menu page and select download your updates or something. It will bring you to another menu and u select download quickfix. It will update there!

When I go to download other in virtual TomTom there is a choice of color scheme and quickfix but quickfix is greyed out with an x on it. Why? This is on a Rider.

Yes this is only for the x10 series.
Sorry I didn't clarify.
Since anderdea has a 910, I was trying to inform them about the another method.

Yes this is only for the x10 series.
No, it's not. Since the latest firmware release, support was added for ONE models too. Not sure if it works yet with the new Hammerhead-based device though. It should do.

It should also work on the Rider.

BTW folks, I don't think there is a set release time/day for the QuickFix data as it is generated on the fly. The thing is, the file is only valid for 7 days. If the file on your device is older than 7 days, you get an update. If not you don't.

This is why (for those who connect regularly enough) it appears to be weekly. But, it is not. You can test this easily. Download QuickFix as normal, wait a day or two, then delete the files from the ephem folder. Now connect and it will download the file again. The next time it will download them will be 7 days from that point.

No, it's not. Since the latest firmware release, support was added for ONE models too. Not sure if it works yet with the new

I was refering to downloading the Quickfix using virtual TomTom.
This option is not on the ONE. Another member and myself could not find the feature like I would find on my 910. Unless you can shine some light.

That's how I normally get the QuickFix file on my ONE, by using HOME it updates it automatically for me (as long as it's been 7 days.) Not sure about virtual TT since that feature doesn't yet work on my Mac. Grrrrr.

No, it's not. Since the latest firmware release, support was added for ONE models too.

Spook, To the best of my knowledge GPSQuickFix cannot be downloaded by HOME for my GO300. Check for updates does not seem to be identifying any GPSQuickFix files. In fact I see nothing that says GPSQuickFix on my HOME site. I would like to have my GO300 acquire the sats earlier. Is ther any other way around this. FYI, my cell phone doesn't work with my GO300 so that would not be an option for me (in case that was a work-around solution).

That's how I normally get the QuickFix file on my ONE, by using HOME it updates it automatically for me (as long as it's been 7 days.) Not sure about virtual TT since that feature doesn't yet work on my Mac. Grrrrr.
QuickGPSFix doesn't work in Virtual TT.

Ask a Question