switching Countries

There is no reason that you should have to make that switch. The 55 comes with a full USA/Canada map. As you cross the border, it will cross with you.

That said, if you are doing a search for a particular location or other function that requires broad location, look up in the upper right corner for the little icon that allows you to select from Canada or any of the various U.S. states.

How do I switch my tomtom smart 55 from the USA to Canada? It won't let me or I'm just blind lol.
As canderson said, no active switching required.

Easiest way is to select Drive to ... > Address.
If you are in Canada already, the Canadian flag will show in the City/Code: line at the top right; enter the city to which you want to go.
If you want to go to a place in Alabama, tap the Canadian flag, tap A and (AL) Alabama will be shown. If it is in Arizona tap R next, and so on.

Canadian provinces are not listed separately. Canada is listed between California and Colorado.

Ask a Question