Suspect mapshare errors

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom XL-335TM; Map 935.5811
I got back from a trip to North Carolina a couple of days ago. I noticed that TT wanted me to get off I-95 SB near Lumberton, NC when I clearly wanted to continue for another 600 miles to S. Florida. I ignored the turn and continued south. The unit showed 're-planning route'. Then it showed a dashed green line as I continued as if it thought the road was closed or something. Then after the next interchange, the route became solid green again. I suspect that someone made an erroneous map correction when there was an accident and should have been a temporary block, but made it permanent.

Also, the speed limit on I-95 SB shows as being 65 instead of 70 the whole way south in the state of FL (at least from Jacksonville to West Palm Beach). I also suspect an erroneous map speed correction where someone tried to change just a segment of road down to 65 but instead changed the whole interstate in FL.

So today I removed the map corrections via HOME (under 'tools' pull down), but the speed is still wrong and shows 65. Am I doing something wrong? I've already changed the preferences on the unit (under map correction) to only accept changes by TomTom and no longer trusted users in hopes this would be corrected.

Thanks for any help on this.

P.S. I know there's a new map but holding off for now.

The incorrect speed may be a fault of bad mapping data, Rick. Nothing wrong on your part.

Ask a Question