Suppress "Keep to the highway" instructions

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920T
Doesn't seem like that feature does a lick of good. About half of the highway exits around here are a lane that departs, so my TomTom is constantly telling me to keep left and/or stay in the left lane, even when any of the left 3 lanes would be just fine.

Has anyone found the "Suppress 'Keep to the highway' instructions" feature in Voice Preferences actually makes a difference?

For the heck of it, run the clear flash tool found here. Supposed to assist for those times when user's settings don't 'take'.

No data is lost.....

For the heck of it, run the clear flash tool found here. Supposed to assist for those times when user's settings don't 'take'.

No data is lost.....

Yeah; I reminded someone of that tool yesterday and run it regularly myself. This particular glitch doesn't seem affected by the flash tool.

I actually suspect this is a map problem, but wanted to find out whether others are experiencing the same thing.

Here in I 76, there is a part where both left and right sides have exit
and what the tomtom tell me, is that keep on right
(maybe because left exit exit first)
it is like 4 lanes,
left one and right one are exit

If you go to Menu-Voices and select change Voice.
Select the same Voice as the one you are using.
Then you will be prompted with a selection of options to enable or disable when your voice plays.
One off these options is to disable "keepto the left on Motorways".
Just untick it.

No data is lost.....
No such luck. There's a box to check in the voice options that you'd swear would shut this off, but it has never worked. Like the OP, the fact that so many of our exits here in the Denver metro area have "exit only" lanes keeps Susan yacking non-stop for no really good reason. Have just had to learn to live with it dating back to my first Navcore7 release up through current times. In fact, I'm not sure that the "Keep to Highway Lane" box does anything at all. Seems to have zero impact on what's spoken and what's not.

Yesterday I made a trip from C River east through Wildwood using US44. Became very annoyed with all of the keep right or left ahead etc. Noticed that what was
causing it was when an extra lane was added to facilitate the left or right turn. This happened when 1 lane east became 2 or or 2 lanes became three. The extra lane
terminates right after the turn. I dont know whether this is a map problem or a mapping problem eg map data or program logic.

Ask a Question