sun glare

Kim

Sun glare is so bad on mine that it practically renders my TomTom useless! It gets so bad that I can't see the screen at all. That's with a dashboard mount using The thick pad type. Why they didn't make them with some sort of anti glare screen is a mystery to me. Each dashboard, and every window is a little different. Some have tremendous amount of glare, and some dont.

For what it is worth I find that if I use the night time view in bright sunlight it is a bit easier to view.
Just my opinion.
My colour scheme is Florida day/night

For what it is worth I find that if I use the night time view in bright sunlight it is a bit easier to view.
Just my opinion.
My colour scheme is Florida day/night

GarCor nice to see you again! Can you please send me the theme again? I lost the PM with the link :(

I did a simple shield from an empty carton box found in my kitchen that fits perfectly on my 730. Cut out the front part, bottom part and a little opening on the back where it attaches to the unit and put a piece of velcro on the top of my Go and inside part of that visor. Now im enjoying a glare-free navigation for the cost close to zero. The reason for doing it myself is that I've checked Amazon.com for commercial visors and they look ugly as hell, not really functional and priced close to $15 with shipping. Hope it helps, you might get creative :D

Sun glare is so bad on mine that it practically renders my TomTom useless! It gets so bad that I can't see the screen at all. That's with a dashboard mount using The thick pad type. Why they didn't make them with some sort of anti glare screen is a mystery to me. Each dashboard, and every window is a little different. Some have tremendous amount of glare, and some dont.
They are using a non-glare screen, although in direct sun, it'd be hard to tell at times. You should see what GPSr devices with straight glass look like (e.g., a few of the more recent Garmin handhelds). At least it just washes out the screen instead of blinding you.

I got around the problem 95% of the time by attaching my suction mount to the mid-level dash trim in my 300M and now my Santa Fe. Have found no reason to place it on the dash or windshield, and it's easy to look at -- certainly no more difficult that taking a look at the song title on the XM radio next to it. Keeping it down there helps a lot, although I've had the glare off of a white shirt do me in a bit, too.

Ask a Question