Sun Glare

Hi,
Is there way where I can minimize the sun glare? My screen (TT 730) seems to be suffering from sun glare and makes the map viewing little difficult on a bright and sunny day. Is there a way like changing to a different color scheme or buying a screen anti-glare would remove this glare. If so, what is it and where can I buy it.

besides mount guys their are many other sun shades for the various models of tom tom. Just do a google search for gps sun shades Good luck

I have the Sun Shade that "dhn" showed you and it works so so, didn't like the clip part so removed it and used "Weldwood Contact Cement" to permanently mount it to my TT One XL and I also use it on the motorcycle and with the clip it wouldn't fit in my mount, now to how it works, well in the car with the TT mounted to one of my center vents it works pretty good as it is mounted just under the top of the dash, I also keep mine on the "Nite Screen" a darker screen with the brightness set at around 65% and this really makes it eaiser to see for the most part, on a scale of 1=best 10=worst, I'm at around 8..........

The vehicle and mounting has the biggest effect on sun glare. If the vehicle has a really long windshield it will mount farther away from the cover of the roof. Mounting it higher sometimes helps because you can tilt it down toward you and the sun cant shine on it if its facing downward (until sunset).

Adjusting the brightness of the display helps quite a bit too. However then it can be too bright when the sun isnt shining on it.

I'd experiment with where its located in the vehicle as there are a lot of good mounting locations people dont think about (it doesnt have to be in the windshield) that rarely get beamed by the sun.

Ask a Question