Submit your bugs / suggestions here for GO 1000/1005/2405/2505

When I first got my 2505, I could not get MyTomTom to connect to register my device or download updates. By accident I stumbled across the solution.

For some reason, when you first connect your TomTom to your Mac, the Mac thinks it is a network card and adds it as a network interface in the Networks Preferences Panel.

Pull down the Apple Menu to System Preference.
Click on the Network preference spanel.

If you see the TomTom showing up in the left hand pane, highlight it and hit the minus (-) symbol at the bottom left to delete it. Save and close.

MyTomTom should now connect to the internet and allow you to register and download updates.

I have seen reports elsewhere that the same problem may exist with some versions of Vista.
Thanks jdstrung for this solution. It work for my 2505 and MacBook Pro running Mac OS X 10.6.6.

This needs to be made into a "Sticky" for all Mac users.

Can you still see the Tomtom after that fix?

The Tomtom is supposed to look like a network adapter. The way the Tomtom updates (whenever it gets around to having updates) is by appearing as a web server over its own internet adapter and having updates loaded to the webserver.

Ideally, the Tomtom should get all the internet traffic destined for the device, while the rest of the traffic "should" go out your regular internet adapter.

As more people get these devices, I'm sure Tomtom will figure out all the software glitches.

I replied to soon, the removal of the TomTom from the Network Preference Pane initially allowed my TomTom to Connect to MyTomTom, but further attempts failed until I added the TomTom back to the Network Preference Pane.

Adding/removing the TomTom from the Network Preference Pane seems to free something in the connection process, but it needs more investigation.

I will look into it more in the morning and post my findings.

Since angel2167882 no longer has a Tomtom, I'll start adding these complaints to the overall bug thread here, and feature request thread here.

Tomtom representatives do contact the moderators of this forum every now and then, and we point them to the two vote/feature threads whenever possible.

I'll add all these comments within a couple days.

Voice Problem

I have been reading this forum for some time but have never had the need for any help until I purchased a GO LIVE 1005.
At first I thought it was me getting the switching on and off wrong? Here is my 1005 problem:

Assuming the unit is off.

1) press the on/off button for 2/3 seconds and the start up screen starts. Sometimes the start up screen blanks and shuts down and restarts. This takes about 50/60 seconds
Other times it will show the start up screen in 2/3 seconds and be showing a map within a further 5/10 seconds.

2) If I try and use the Voice control it does not hear my voice command. The Green vertical volume meter shows it hears my voice but does not do anything.

3) To get the voice to work I have to hold down the on/off button for some 10/15 seconds, if a loud click is heard then all will be well when I restart. If no click, I have to repeat the start up and shut down until I hear the click. I assume this resets the 1005.

4)Press the on/off button and if the click was heard I will get the TOMTOM drum roll after 4/5 seconds and voice control will work.

I have tried this numerous times and it always works.

Is this yet another bug or.................

I was hoping today would see a big update but we have all been let down by TomTom.
Garmin get ready for a large increase in sales as TomTom seen to have lost the plot with broken promises. Poor equipment etc.

BR

Phil1710

Welcome to TTF, Phil.

I know **exactly** what you are talking about and, sadly, there is nothing the user can do about it. Inconsistency with the application build. Hopefully, an update sometime will improve the situation. Hopefully. :rolleyes:

Thank you everybody for the nice bug list. I just received mine yesterday (2505TM) so no full feed back yet. My wife just tried it out today on her first commute. But did notice a couple of issues too. I have the bluetooth random call cut off too and that is to bad because I was surprised of the sound quality. One bug I found was that the reading of the text message didn't work. It was set to ask before reading aloud. I didn't try it with the other option yet and it was only tried with an Iphone. I didn't test it with my phone yet. More importantly my wife complained that she had the feeling that the traffic updates didn't work that well (or not at all). We used to have a Garmin with traffic FM receiver before the 2505tm. We had set the TT to ask for before rerouting and not one traffic alert was given. Maybe with did something wrong but I read more complaints about traffic updates and this is priority for us. The phone issue is not a big issue for us. I have read on this forum that "Live" devices are better for traffic updates. Is that true, because I will exchange mine then to one of those. I don't want to go back to Garmin. Any suggestions are welcome.

The traffic on that model (rds-tmc) is neither as current nor accurate as traffic information gotten by a LIVE device like a 340LIVE or 740LIVE.

So I recieved my 2405 yesterday and already can't figure out the custom POIs. I've read this entire thread and am now rather discouraged. I trialed a Garmin 1390 LMT and a TT XL340LM side by side for almost a month and although the Garmin is much easier to load custom POIs I liked the routing the TT provided a little better. So I returned those two units and bought what I thought was a nicer model of the TT. Did I make a mistake??? I have 30 days before this one gets returned too unless TT can assist with the custom POI list. Can you guys recommend a good model? I want announced street names and to be able to load a custom list of POIs, the rest is just bells and whistles.

Ask a Question