Stuck on "TomTom services....Continue" screen!!

I was trying to do a Google search, then it said no signal and I can't get it to get past the "Tomtom services....Continue" screen despite pressing Continue heaps of times and switching it off/on a few times.
Pissed me right off because if I didn't have Google navigation on my Android phone I'd be stuck 50 miles from home right now! Bloody useless, should have kept my Tomtom one v3!

Press and hold the on/ off button until you hear a drum roll and the device re-starts, you won't loose any settings etc but a soft reset often cures issues such as this - Mike

Meanwhile, you'll want to avoid doing any Google searches. The server is malfunctioning, and it seems that this is crashing units using 10.X firmware (that includes yours).

I've been having this problem since Friday, September 9 with my GO 2535 M LIVE unit. This is a much bigger problem than some people seem to realize. I get the red "Unable to establish a wireless connection" screen. Hitting continue gives a red screen with gibberish so I power the unit off. Then I hold down the power button to attempt a soft reset except after three seconds of holding the power button down I get the startup image and the red screen again (no music plays). It usually takes about five minutes of powering the unit on and off to finally get it to do a soft reset where the music plays.

Getting fuel prices is hit and miss too. If I tap the fuel prices icon I'll get a red screen saying "unable to establish wireless connection", so I hit continue. Then I tap the fuel prices icon again. I get a screen saying to please wait. It stays there for an eternity. Finally I lose patience and hit cancel. At long last the fuel prices screen appears.

So far the only good thing about this GPS unit is the live traffic. At least that works. Server problems should not be crashing the GPS unit. If nothing else, TomTom needs to fix this very serious bug.

Then I hold down the power button to attempt a soft reset except after three seconds of holding the power button down I get the startup image and the red screen again (no music plays).

Keep holding the power button, eventually you'll hear the drumrolls and that will allow the device to function properly (without Google).

I agree, the software should be able to recover from an outage instead of crash.

Doubt it, TT Places is supposed to be only in Europe for now, to my understanding.

Is this outage part of TomTom's planned migration to TomTom Places instead of Google Search?
No, and TomTom has advised that this problem has been rectified. Once you reset your unit, it should behave normally now.

Ask a Question