Street is there, but can't route to it

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 3rd Edition
I tried one time to route to my girlfriends house in the country. My Tom Tom wouldn't find the street. So I drove there anyway. She lives about a 20 minute drive away.

I got there and Tom Tom knew every single street along the way, including her's. It is a rural area, so I poked in the name of every small community nearby, including the one she "officially" lives in. None of those "cities" listed her street. How can I find out what community Tom Tom "thinks" she lives in, since it does know her area and street.

Thanks

Carolyn

Try this:

Touch the screen, go to the second page, the "Map Corrections" -> "Correct a Map Error" -> "(Un)Block Street" -> "On Map" OR "By Name" etc, however you choose to select the specific street in question. From there, select the desired segment of the street. TomTom only allows you to select one leg (between intersections) at a time. Click "Done" then "<- Westbound" AND "Eastbound->" as appropriate, where westbound and eastbound will be the direction of the street (could be north, south, etc). You should ultimately see blue circled arrows on this screen when done...you don't want to see any "Do not enter" symbols. Then click "Done." If you unblock all of the streets that are not accessible by normal routing, your problem should be resolved. Remember to scroll in to make sure you didn't miss a "leg" of your route (as TomTom can sometimes be picky about the length of the legs...). Good luck. -Adam

Edited: Obviously, this will only work if the streets are on the map but dimmed and unavailable for navigation.

I just looked it up and the map does not list Tanner Ave. that's the problem...you cannot navigate to a street it does not list.

However, there is a solution. Presuming you have mapshare, and presuming her street is actually on the map, but not named.....just rename the "unnamed road" the next time you're there. then the unit will be able to take you there from then on.

Where abouts? I'm in NS too - maybe I can help?
But that's the problem, when I drive there, Tom Tom knows the street when I get there. It's listed properly on the map when I get there. But it's not listed in the community of Seaforth, Lawrencetown, Dartmouth, West Lawrencetown, East Lawrencetown, etc

Carolyn

Found it, it's listed in the community of Rainbow Haven, which is totally completely wrong!!!, How do I list it for changes? It's completely 30km in the wrong direction!!

The road is there. I looked it up in Google Earth and then manually found it on my XL-S. The road is named as well... Trying to see if I can nav to it... GPS signal being difficult... :)
Ok, I could not get Tanner Ave to come up - so what I did was Navigate to W Lawerencetown Road, and instead of a house number, I put cross street and Tanner Ave came up. I don't understand why it won't nav right to the road. It's obviously there in the system - and if it can nav to W Lawerencetown Road... *shrug*
I even tried in the different "cities" of East Lawerencetown, West Lawerencetown and just Lawerencetown...

Found it, it's listed in the community of Rainbow Haven, which is totally completely wrong!!!, How do I list it for changes? It's completely 30km in the wrong direction!!
Find the road in the GPS, highlight the road. Hit the blue dot button, hit Correct Location, hit report other error, hit City, hit wrong city name, hit done, hit done, type in West Lawrencetown NS, hit done. (Add notes if you want to.)
I've added it to MapShare. You should as well. :)

unfortunately that isn't going to fix it for you at this time. Mapshare isn't always what you think it is. In this case, your correction is only an indication to tomtom that there is an error. It does not get changed on your map, only on a future map.

You'll see this (after making the correction) by trying to find tanner ave under lawrencetown. it still is listed under rainbow haven.

The best way for you to get around this problem is to mark your friend's home as a favorite and navigate there using the favorite option.

Yeah, sorry, I forgot to stipulate that... ;) Some updates to MapShare do not update automagically. They've got to be approved first, and will (from what I have read) be released with the next map update...
But at least the requested change has been noted through MapShare - let's hope they fix it before the next map release! ;) (I also hope they add Dartmouth Crossing and fix the newly twinned 101 and 103...)

Ask a Question