strange error when trying to install computer voices

TomTom Model(s)
i have been trying to install computer voices from the cd that came with my tomtom and i keep getting this strange error message and the voices never get installed.

the error message says "Cannot install this item: English (Us) - Dave: This file is included with the item but should not be there: //ttsmp125.ogg". I've attached a png of it.

i know an ogg file is an audio file format, but why do i get this error? i've tried resetting my tomtom and removing the sd card before connecting it to my computer. i am using a mac (a 1 year-old macbook). i even thought of dragging and dropping the files directly from the cd to the internal drive on my tomtom, but it didn't seem like this would work.

i'm a little frustrated with tomtom and their lagging mac support - i can't even get the latest map updates to get the voice recognition feature to work since it requires a version of home that is only available for windows. i've been using tomtom software and devices for the past several years, but i'm about to research other devices if they have the mac compatibility that tomtom does not...

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:
i have been trying to install computer voices from the cd that came with my tomtom and i keep getting this strange error message and the voices never get installed.

the error message says "Cannot install this item: English (Us) - Dave: This file is included with the item but should not be there: //ttsmp125.ogg". I've attached a png of it.

I don't know whether this will help at all. I use the computer voice, Susan. There is a ttsmp124.ogg file (guess that is the one for her) in the LoquendoTTS folder on the unit but not in the EnglishUS folder (where Susan's files reside).

What happens if you try one of the other 3 available computer voices other than Dave?

I don't know whether this will help at all. I use the computer voice, Susan. There is a ttsmp124.ogg file (guess that is the one for her) in the LoquendoTTS folder on the unit but not in the EnglishUS folder (where Susan's files reside).

What happens if you try one of the other 3 available computer voices other than Dave?

ah - i hadn't thought to look in that loquendo folder. i will check it out.

i get the same error when i try to install the other 3 computer voices as well, both when selected to be installed individually, or all at the same time...

thanks, dhn - the loquendo folder is the place those voices should go, apparently. but when i look at the files on the cd in Finder, they are .cab files and it seems they need to be extracted or something into the .ogg and .vde files that are in the loquendo folder. i'll try the extraction software i've got on it...

thanks, dhn - the loquendo folder is the place those voices should go, apparently. but when i look at the files on the cd in Finder, they are .cab files and it seems they need to be extracted or something into the .ogg and .vde files that are in the loquendo folder. i'll try the extraction software i've got on it...

May work.......

As you are painfully aware, TomTom is not Mac friendly at the best of times. Guess this is another example.

If this helps.......

I have a Susan.vde file in the Loquendo folder, a ttsmpxxx.ogg file in Loquendo, an EnglishUS.ide file in Loquendo. I then have an EnglishUS FOLDER in Loquendo. It contains EnglishUS .lex, .atm and .phd files.

Finally, this (EnglishUS) folder contains a Susan FOLDER which contains 3 Susan .bin files, 1 Susan .lex file, and 3 loquendoSusan.so files

Good luck.

Ask a Question