"Stores" POI Category???

I am a new TT 300 user and in dire need of some expert assistance. (I'm an idiot I guess) When using the preloaded map that came with my TT, I don;t have the POI category with retail stores in it. However, when I choose the option on my CD to just use Major Cities map, those cities have all kinds of retail shops. Short of adding custom POI lists, is there any way to see the retail store POIs in my home city? I was in Best Buy the other day and the 910 has all of the stores you could think of. Is this just a limitation of the 300? Uggggh! Someone please help!!!!!!!!!!:)

Well, i think there is a shop category on the 300 but I am not too sure so someone that has the 300 needs to confirm it. But we do have a Custom POIs section where you can download for free, you can also request POIs as well.

I have a 300

There is a POI under the shops category. Unfortunately it groups all the stores on one category"shops". Your best bet when you want to find a store if to choose when searching for a poi from the any poi category. Then type in the name of the store. They will appear according to your criteria, near destination, near you , travel via, etc. Hope that helps .

@DCHIGUY1: What version of the TomTom software are you running on your GO300?

Could this be a limitation based on the version of the maps he has, as well as the version of the TomTom application he's running? For example, I do not have a "Shops" POI category on my TomTom Navigator 5 for my Palm device -- just Shopping Centers and Stores. TTN5 also lacks the feature of seaching Any POI Category, as those features are significantly limited in the Palm version of the software. I can't remember if it's the same or not when running the old v5.XX of the TomTom software on my GO700.

No, my problem is that the Entire "Shops" category is non-existent. I'm not sure why, but it just isn;t there, unless I go down to the Major Cities Map, which sucks. Is this maybe added in a newer version of the software. I think I'm ruinning 5.440. Please help!!!!

Ask a Question