Stopping TT shutting down on USB connection

Let me just explain the situation I find myself in.

My cars cigaret lighter is not working. To use TT-device I charge it via the car stereo usb. The cable I am using is a usb to mini-usb cable. It charges just fine but the problem is that every 3 minutes the device will auto shut because it thinks its connected to a PC and the user is idle when I dont press the touch screen.

So here is my question: Can I charge the TT-device via a cable with USB on one end and RDS TMC connector on the TT-device? Is there a cable of that sort? And where can I find it?

I have googled like crazy with no luck.

I use a TT GO730.

Would be grateful for a reply that would help me out.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
never mind, I solved the issue by adding a .dat file noautosuspend to the root folder of the device. The file, which is a .txt file to begin with (open notepad), contains the number 1 and nothing else. Saved as a .dat file. Added to the device. Clear and done!

This solved the problem and now I can charge my TT-device via the USB port of my car stereo. Very smooth solution!

Darn. I keep forgetting about that workaround as it's not often needed.

Good going! :thumb:

Ask a Question