Stop signs and traffic lights POI

I have using TomTom 340TM for some time now,
and always wondering if there is a POI file to show stop signs and traffic lights on a map?
If it's not available for Tomtom, does any map company has them?
I hope TomTom IQ routing use them for route calculation so they might as well show them on a map?

No stop lights as pois included in the mapping data and no custom pois for that either?

Supposedly, IQ routing does consider the existence of them when plotting the 'fastest routes' but why would you need them on the actual map?

Don't you think it'd add to the clutter on the map?

I'm pretty confident that TomTom doesn't incorporate stop lights or signs in any of their map data, and therefore it is unavailable for estimates with IQRouting. What they do incorporate in IQRoutes decision making are average speeds through segmented bits of roads, sliced and diced by day of week and time of day, and any typical delays due to the presence of stop signs or lights within those segments are therefore incorporated into the average speeds.

So if the average speed between point A and B on Main Street at noon on Mondays is 16mph, it will be because the average traffic volume and any signals (or signs) with which that traffic must contend has caused the average speed to be 16mph.

Ask a Question