Stolen TomTom ONE XL

My wife recently had her TomTom ONE XL stolen, is there anyway of tracing its location, seen as it is a gps device, and has a mac address. I still have all the original packaging including the code stamped on the back of a leaflet, if thats any use i dont know, also i did register it with tomtom, only i cant remember the email address i used to register. Im sure whoever has it now wouldnt of tried to clone mac address as it was kids who originally stole it, and i cant see them holding onto it for long. after all what use is it to them. any help gratefully recieved.

M

Sorry, but the unit is a gps receiver,not sender.

You may wish to log into this UK based forum and post your stolen item here

I know this won't help you now but maybe it will for a future GPS unit.

I have my GO 740 locked with a password and added a customized message. When you turn the unit on you get the following message and are then prompted to enter the numerical pass code:

If this device is found
please contact <name>
at <e-mail address>
or call <phone number>

While someone who knows their stuff will probably not be stopped by this, your average thief, however, might have a hard time getting rid your unit. Plus many times law enforcement does confiscate stolen GPS units but they can't return them to their rightful owners because they have no way of contacting them.

Good luck, I hope your wife will somehow get her ONE XL back.

I'm not sure how old the TomTom is but most credit cards have a 90 day loss warranty.
You may want to check with your credit card company and see if it's covered (assuming that it's less than 90 days old and it was purchased with a credit card)

Many people don't know about this option or they forget that it's there.

Ask a Question