Stolen TomTom Help

Hi,

My car was just broken into this morning and I have been looking for any help from the TomTom website. I was told by the Police if my TomTom had been/can be registered(or activated) then they will be able to find it. I was wondering if anyone could help me out on this. I know I have never registered my TomTom and if anyone could help me this would be really appreciated.

The TomTom is a receiver-only unit. It doesn't broadcast any signal that can be traced. I'm not sure what the police are referring to.

Do you have TT buddies? There is a slight chance (and I mean slim) but the theives might be stupid enough to update their buddy position.

Do you have the devices serial number and device code? You can give the information to the police and TT and see what they can do with that.

How about password protection? Did you set the owner option? That can slow them down accessing the unit.

Very sorry to hear your situation.

Sorry to hear someone stole your unit. I think the police may have been suggesting that if anyone ever tried to register your unit for repair or whatever that it might register as stolen. Most thieves do not keep these units and they are sold in a very short time to people who should know the deal was too good to be true but cannot resist the "bargain". If they were to ever seek repair they will lose the unit and their money.

Ask a Question