Still having MapShare difficulties/QuickGPSFix

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
For some reason, I am not getting a Country in the MapShare pref's. Once in awhile it works, most of the time it doesnt. Doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I would say that the last 10 attempts to get Mapshares I have no Country listed, and I suspect that is why I am also not getting any new Mapshares.

I checked in my Download file, and I have never recieved a QuickGPSFix since day one.

May have to call support, but was thinking someone on the group may have some knowledge on this problem.

I havent recieved any new MapShares since Monday (20 Oct).

Cheers

For some reason, I am not getting a Country in the MapShare pref's. Once in awhile it works, most of the time it doesnt. Doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I would say that the last 10 attempts to get Mapshares I have no Country listed, and I suspect that is why I am also not getting any new Mapshares.

I checked in my Download file, and I have never recieved a QuickGPSFix since day one.

May have to call support, but was thinking someone on the group may have some knowledge on this problem.

I havent recieved any new MapShares since Monday (20 Oct).

Cheers

Yea I hadn't received any mapshare updates either since Friday, and the last time I tried was yesterday before shipping off the unit to its new owner with no new updates. Did TomTom fug up again??

I'd say, bite the bullet & call tech support--that lack-of country is very suspicious.
FWIW at lowest Trust, I've received several U.S. updates, both this week & last.

Update.

I called TT support today (24 Oct), they tell me that the MapShare servers are down again and they are not sure of a date they will be up and running again.

As far as the QuickGPSFix issue goes, we tried a number of things, including removing the application file and reinstalling, adding a supposedly missing file to the device itself (ephem) and a few other things with no result.

Perhaps someone can check their device and see if there is a file called ephem, and what is inside it.

They wanted me to reformat my device, I refused as I had to do this once before and lost all my settings and all of my own POI changes (which didnt return with MapShare....odd). They couldnt assure me that this would be the QuickFix up and running, so I wasnt going to go thru that again.

I have no problem so far ever connecting to satellites, so its not a big issue at the moment.

Cheers

Last edited:
C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR COMPUTER\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\x207jtsj.default\MapShareDownloadCache

Delete the cache

then do another update, it will do another update and countries will reappear

close down device and TTHome

re-start device and re-open TTHome

NO COUNTRIES.............baffling !!

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR COMPUTER\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\x207jtsj.default\MapShareDownloadCache

Delete the cache

When is the latest you have recieved any updates?

cheers

Thanks, that did work, although I didnt actually pick up any additional MapShares, still the same number as before.

As my previous said, TT support swears that the servers are down.

I shall keep that method in mind for the next time this happens.

Now if I could just get those pesky QuickGPSfix's.

Cheers!

Delete the cache

This will only download the previous mapshare updates he had. No new ones. It does work sometimes but not always.

Mapshare is DEFINITELY NOT what it used to be a month ago.

Well, I went to check for updates again today, and ......no countries again.

Repeated that process clearing the cache, and now that doest work like it did yesterday.

Very odd.....

Ask a Question