sticker on unit 8CQ0

Just received 4th unit and this one had a sticker with serial number of 8CQ0.019.00 what the difference from 4CQ0.001.03 of old unit and also stamped on bottom of refurbished unit?

? Purchased TOMTOM 2505TM and November 18th 2010 it arrived by mail.
? December 12th returned 1st unit on RMA (UPS Cost $8.35). Maps would not update and GPS hard drive corrupted so unit no longer worked.
? January 21st called and wrote to TOMTOM. Where is my unit? TOMTOM representative told me they are waiting for a refurbished unit to come in to send me.
? January 27th TOMTOM sent me new unit, not sure if a refurbished unit but looked good and worked.
? July 13th returned 2nd unit on RMA. Battery would not hold a charge. Sent unit back (USPS cost $5.75).
? July 26th TOMTOM sent me a refurbished unit.
? July 27th Unit would not update maps, Called TOMTOM they changed my device from 2505tm to 2505t wanted me to purchase lifetime maps after sending them original receipt they reset acct.
? Sept 8th returned 3rd unit on RMA. Battery would not hold a charge. This time TOMTOM gave me a prepaid Ground shipment label.
? September 27th TOMTOM sent me 4th unit. See how long this one lasts. After I complained TOMTOM should recall this defective device the TOMTOM representative on phone assured me TOMTOM has now fixed the battery of death problem.

thanks still looking for info

Thank you, I know it is not the serial number looks like a model number.
I was hoping to find out if tom-tom really did address the battery death problem on the latest batch of refurbished units.
The barcode sticker attached to the 2505tm unit had my serial number and a different model number starting 8cq0. Unit still has 4cq0 stamped on bottom. Did tom-tom do an upgrade? Use a different battery? Or just told me problems fixed until my warranty runs out?
Thanks for any help

Long time reader just new poster.

Last edited:
I certainly hope so (using a different [read: better] baattery).

We're not privy to that information of course but it has to cost TomTom more in replacing units under warranty than it would to improve the battery during the manufacturing process.

Ask a Question