Start up screen custom picture

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd Edition
I have been a happy TT One 3rd edition user for several years, and recently bought myself a TT XXL 540M. I do not seem to be able to customize my start up screen (I overwrote the splashw file and now just have a white screen at start up). TT otherwise works fine. Any suggestions?

You didn't use the old file from your ONE, did you? The image is a different size on the 4.3/5.0" units than it was on your 3.5" ONE.

I'll attach mine for you to try to be sure. Since I use the voice Susan...

Attachments

• SPLASHW.ZIP
    78.2 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:
If it is not the mismatch that Canderson just mentioned then ignore the following paragraph.

I have had a white screen also at startuo. This was a fallout from me trying to install a problematic TT application for my 540tm. Did you just update your application? If so what version are you at now that gives you the white screen.

@canderson Nice picture, although not my style ;)

I updated last night and am on version 9.061.

I did not use my TT One picture, but I had to guess at the correct size for this TT, so may not have the right pixels. Do you know the correct size?

[sorry for editing your post - hit "edit" instead of "quote"]

Last edited by a moderator:
The 540, being a 5" model, uses the wide version of images (the 4.3" size) and just stretches them to fill the 5" screen.

You could go here:
Splash screen generator for TomTom

and select the 720 (which is a 4.3" unit) and the resulting file will work (stretched) on your unit. Put it in the root of the unit and make sure it's named splashw.bmp

...but I had to guess at the correct size for this TT, so may not have the right pixels.
Yup, that will get you a white screen right quick.
Do you know the correct size?
480 x 272, and be sure to retain the 24 bit color depth.

:) You guys are the best! My family is now smiling at me from TT's screen.

Ask a Question