Start Up problem with OneXLS

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL-S
If I don't use my One XLS for a couple of weeks, understandably the battery drains to nothing, but when I plug it in to start it up and use it, it just hangs on the title screen. First a screen comes up and shows that it is loading the operating system (booting up?) and then the title screen comes up but it just hangs at that point. Holding down the button to shut it off to be able to turn it on again also is not responsive until it is pushed and held several times when finally it shuts down. Starting up again it comes on ok. This all can take as long as five minutes.

I have a similar thing happen if I connect the TT to my PC to update. When I am finished and I disconnect it from the USB = after going through all of the disconnect process - it hangs in a similar way and does not shut off by just pushing and holding the button.

Is this normal for this model? It was a pain when starting out on a trip and explaining to everyone that we could not leave yet because we had to wait for the GPS to stop messing up and start already.

startup/battery

Believe I have read here that the XLS becomes discharged so rapidly because it is in "Sleep mode" for rapid bootup, when the on/off button pressed.
Press the "Reset" to turn the TT OFF when not going to be used often and was stated that the battery charge would last longer.

Last edited:
A pin reset results in exactly the same thing when I turned the tt on again after the reset - the boot up blue screen comes up, the the line at the bottom moves all the way across the screen and then the start up splash screen comes up and hangs. Just as it does when the battery runs out - as a pin reset is just about the same thing as a tt with no battery power.

Very disconcerting. I love the TT and picked it over the other brands for its features, but it sure does have its drawbacks.

Another thing you might think about doing if you are not going to use it for awhile is just leave it plugged into your PC, can't overcharge the battery............

if you're not going to use a tomtom for a few weeks, just do a pin reset to shut it down completely. There is no battery drain in this mode versus continuous sleep mode battery drain when shut down via the power button.

if you're not going to use a tomtom for a few weeks, just do a pin reset to shut it down completely. There is no battery drain in this mode versus continuous sleep mode battery drain when shut down via the power button.

I gave that a shot(gotta hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds), it resbooted the GPS system..Anyother to shut the GPS compleltly?

Thanks

I gave that a shot(gotta hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds), it resbooted the GPS system..Anyother to shut the GPS compleltly?

Thanks

Some models have a pin reset which is just a reset button that you use a pin or a pen to depress. Some models you hold the power button down to reset. Thats the way my 330 is, however it doesnt just off its "reboots".

At least that is what happened the couple times I tried to use it. Its not really a problem for me because I use it daily and have no need to do a pin reset...

Ask a Question