Start Maps on Start40?

Recently I bought a start40 on holiday in America from a Walmart, it only had American maps which was fine for the holiday. Now that I'm back home in England I thought it'd be a waste to have a satnav that couldn't give me directions!

Now, my problem is that when I go to buy more maps the only options are for a START TomTom, or a START 20/25 or a START 60 if I remember correctly. Can I get the START pack for for a START 40m?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, also! Could a mod move it if it is?

Thank you!

Hmm, the Start 40 has never been sold in the UK, so it doesn't appear on the UK website, not even in the drop-down list to buy new maps.

BUT.... assuming you are on the UK mapshop page HERE, then go to the little Union Jack flag in the very top right and click on it.

You can then switch to the US site (by clicking on the relevant flag) and you WILL be presented with theSTART40/45 as an option.

You'll then be able to see the UK and Europe maps offered

$89.95 for Europe or $59.95 for the UK and Ireland.

I didn't go any further though, so I don't know if the system will actually let you pay in dollars....

Hmm, the Start 40 has never been sold in the UK, so it doesn't appear on the UK website, not even in the drop-down list to buy new maps.

I didn't go any further though, so I don't know if the system will actually let you pay in dollars....
Thank you for the tip! It does let me to go to purchase the map pack but a lot of complications come in when I go to pay for it.

It seems I need to buy English maps from the American site while in England and the payment won't process on my English credit card. I need either an American credit card or an American billing address to buy the maps I'm going to need.

There are no Walmarts over here for me to take it back to, but I don't want to be left with a dead weight. Can anyone suggest any help?

Ask a Question