Start 60 Europe Sn WN72...

TomTom Model(s)
Start 60 Europe (model 4EN6) WN
I own a TomTom Start 60 Europe. Some questions:

1) When I plan a route and somewhere I am forced to follow a detour, TomTom is not quick to calculate a new route as it continually tries to bring me back to the route firstly planned. May be I do some programming error? What else can I do?

2) I would like to backup the device's data? How to?

3) The free memory now available is 316.78 MB. (of 4GB) . What to do when an update will require more 'memory?

Thanks a lot.

FWIW, Your "Start 60" is my "Via 1605".

1)
When you encounter such things, and if you know the section of road that will be impassible (not always easy to know if you can't see far ahead), you can do the following:

Change route
Avoid roadblock
....OR
Avoid part of route

The former allows you to specify the distance to and total length, and you'll be routed around that much road. The latter allows you to specify entire pieces of the pre-determined route to avoid.

2)
Only the data you supply such as favorites, POI, added voices, etc. are designed to be backed up. If you have installed MyTomTom, you use the MyTomTom icon in the systray (lower right of your screen), and select "MyTomTom". That will bring up a web page that includes a green button in the upper right also called "MyTomTom". Select that and grab "Manage content".

If you wish to add custom POI data to your unit, you use the MyTomTom icon in the systray (lower right of your screen), and select "Add community content".

3)
If you ever get that tight for memory, you will discover that your unit will hold a microSD card in the bottom under the little cover with the TomTom logo. Anything up to 32GB can be used, so you needn't ever worry about space.

Hi Canderson. Thanks for your quick reply.

1) When you encounter such things, and if you know the section of road that will be impassible (not always easy to know if you can't see far ahead), you can do the following:

Change route
Avoid roadblock
....OR
Avoid part of route.

Regarding point 1): When you are forced to make a detour, usually there is no time to touch the navigator. What I would like to know is: is there a setting that forces the navigator to make a recalculation quicker, without my intervention?
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Under Route Planning-->Route Types-->following screen, click 'next'-->Avoid Highway screen, click 'next'-->Replanning settings screen, check 'Always switch to that route' for traffic.

That's about the only one, I think........

Ask a Question