Start 25 - Memory

Hello

I have a start 25 and it was advertised as having 4gb internal memory but when I go to manage my account on the website it displays that the device only has like 1.7 gb total space. Can anyone help me.

Thanks
Jib

Can you give a few more clues as to where exactly you are seeing these memory figures?

Is it on one of the browser windows that are opened up by the MyTomTom utility program?

If I click on the green box at the top right and select "Account details" it goes to a "MyTomTom account" page, with details of my name and email address etc. but there is no mention of the device specification there.

The same happens if I just log in from www.tomtom.com

If you go to "Add community content" in MYTomTom, it does show you the amount of FREE space available.

Hello

If you click on the mytomtom section in green, when your device is connected and click on manage content in the drop down option, it should dispaly the relevant data. I have included an attachement of what I see. Should they all have 4gb of data or have I been fobbed off.

Attachments

• Manage Content.jpg
    Manage Content.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,075
The only model for sale on the UK website is a "start 25 Europe". That model would have 4GB because of the size of the Europe map.

It appears from your post that you have a UK/ROI map only, which makes me think you have a "Start 25 Regional" model, which hasn't been advertised on the UK website.

Regional models would probably have 2GB memory (like your computer reports) as the larger size would not have been needed/

Interesting...

There's a Start 20 UK & Ireland on the TT website (with a 4.3" screen), but not a UK Start 25.

However, if you Google for "Start 25 UK & Ireland", you get plenty of results!

Maplin are one big retailer that has them.

"Regional" versions always tend to have 2GB memory.

Last edited:

Ask a Question