start 20 no maps found -anything else I can try?

TomTom Model(s)
start 20
Bought a Start 20 in january but have been unable to get it up and running again since installing the gps update a few months back and then trying to update the maps

After downloading the latest map ,and after the installation process to the sat nav runs for a while it stops installing and I get " no maps found."

- lap top is only 9 months old
-10mb connection

Have tried everything I can think of.

I have now been in touch spoke with Tomtom Customer Care and they think something must be blocking the connection to their server , interrupting attempts to download the map correctly ,ending up with a partially downloaded map.
They said when the system then tries to continue with the process and copy the map onto the device the full map is not there and so the device cannot read it. Therefore, you have a message on the device saying 'No Maps Found'.

- lap top is only 9 months old
-10mb connection

I have tried the following

-disconnecting wireless and gone over to ethernet cable.
-disconnected all other devices
-disabled my Bullguard security ( my realtime antivirus , firewall, spam filter , vulnerabilities)
- disabled windows 7 firewall

- rebooted the sat nav
- rebooted back by pressing 3 times to get the pic with the gearwheel , followed by the pic showing the sat nav with the red cross linked to the laptop.

-Emptied the cache, checked connectivity box green ticked

Assuming their analysis is correct , is there anything else I can try ?

Well, you've tried everything I would have suggested.

Call CS for a RMA to return the unit under warranty, I would think.

Ask a Question