Start 10 and red cross

Hi there,I am sure other people have had the problem before me since it is mentioned on the TomTom homepage.
I get the drum roll upon switching the device on,than nothing but the red cross.I followed the instructions ,did everything that I was being asked,multiple times,and still cant proceed any further.I have tried numerous USB ports as well.My TomTom was only ever used on the one PC,however I cant remember if I used Vista Business when I first got the GPS,I now use Windows 7.
I have uninstalled the TomTom Home software,downloaded the latest version,updated it............reset........I don't know what else to do.
I've had it since July,will try and will take it back to the shop but right now I feel like tossing the thing in the bin,together with my TomTom memory's.
Help please
Tom

Connect to the computer. Delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents. Start Home. You should be offered an application. Install and detach properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Thanks for that,done it all.Now,when I disconnect with the blue button,the GPS freezes with the TomTom screen.I reset it,connect it again,disconnect....same results,frozen on TomTom

Any more idea's.
Thanks for that last quick reply

tom

I'm well sick of this thing now.I have tried trice to delete and re-install but the blooming thing now freezes on the TomTom logo.
I am going on a trip tomorrow and really would have liked it to work.I am going to return it.I do not ever want to have to go through this again.Glancing at this forum it looks to me that all of the posts are reports of problems.
Not sure why I let myself be talked into TomTom.Thumbs down.Big time.
Tom:mad::mad::mad:

It's the nature of forums such as this that the majority of posts are indeed of problems with the units and possible solutions. That's why we're here...:p

Check out Garmin forums. You'll see the same thing.

Sorry you are having problems. If you ca return it, I guess that's what you should do.

Ask a Question