Stalled at 99% of update installed

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1605M RV / XL335M
I m trying to update my VIA 1605 RV. There are 2 updates available (Map Share and GPS HotFix) which should load and install fairly quickly as they're small.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Patience..........just leave the device connected and the files should install....eventually. It's irritating, though.

If patience doesn't get it, it's often true that an unplug re-plug resolves the stuck condition. Let us know if it ever resolved by itself.

I tried everything and after leaving it for 45 minutes, I decided to try it on another day! Might be their server problems!

You did try an unplug-replug to see what would happen?

Also, and off topic - saw your Dakota 20 entry. What's your primary use for yours?

Yep, unplugged - plugged back in, logged off mydriveconnect, etc. I'm hoping the next Map Correction will push this update down the tube! I'll try again in a few minutes.

I'm a lazy geocacher and I also use it for the "man overboard" function while boating. What about you?

I soft reset, and am making no progress except now it says "installing content on your device 38% done"

I'll try that Arno! Thanks

I am using MyDrive, and when I am installing map, it always get stuck at some percentage. It also shows error on the device (but not on MyDrive)
What I did is just unplug it and reconnect it right away, and it will continues

I'm a lazy geocacher and I also use it for the "man overboard" function while boating. What about you?
A decidedly NOT lazy geocacher here! Spend a full day each week at it unless circumstances prohibit for some reason. If you ever get 'unlazy', we could make your 335 or 1605 do some very nice tricks for you if you are using or would be able to use GSAK as a tool for generating TomTom POI files. Mine gets loaded with all cache types each week, with appropriate icons on the screen for each.

Ask a Question