sprint phones??

nope.
the Traffic was so unreliable and unusable and the lack of support for this feature forced me to leave the tomtom family and move to the magellan. I love my 4050. yes I paid more for it but I Get WORKING traffic and amazing unit. the unit fairs much better in all features over the tomtom. I dont the 910 in any way.

Well I got the handsfree to work with my Treo 700p with Sprint...but I CANNOT get the 910 to connect to the internet for traffic or weather updates...none of the above possibilities worked for me...HOWEVER...I'm just so excited that the hands-free worked. I don't travel enough to really NEED the traffic, although the weather updates would've been nice from time to time.

Sprint PPC 6700 - TomTom 910

Does anyone have the setup that will work for the ppc6700 phone and the 910 TomTom. I want to use the traffic and weather features. Any help would be appreciated.

anyone know why there are no sprint phones or service listed with tomtom? Im sure there are alot of people with tomtoms that want this and these services. Im currently using a tomtom 910 and a Palm treo 700wx. Ide love to get the traffic working as this was the main reason for purchasing this unit over the cheaper one.
anyone have any ideas?>

The 700wx with Sprint will pose problems, as the treo 700wx does not support bluetooth DUN.....(yes i know it still does it if you know how).....I still can't get it to connect. No luck with LG Fusik........

I have done it with a Samsung a900 and a920......with sucess...manual setup..... for all things sprint check out

www.sprintusers.com

wonder if thats just a nextel thing. its not working on my sprint treo 700wx.

edit. I got it working. I had to change mine to #777 for the dial up number. as we speak it is downloading data.

hi remlle,

i too have a sprint treo 700wx, but unfortunately, i've been unable to successfully setup the wireless data connection. tomtom connects via BT and attempts to dial, but shortly after, the tomtom gives me the "Unable to set up your wireless data connection" message. when you have an opportunity, could you please help me out.

here are the settings that i'm using (of course, i've tried numerous combinations found in previous posts... to no avail):

access point: wap.sprint
username: (e-mail address removed)
password: sprint
ip address: <automatic>
dns: <automatic>
dial #: #777
login script: <blank>

do you see anything wrong or could there be something that i neglected to configure on the treo? btw, i've tried using my sprint pcs data login settings, but i get the same result.

thank you in advance!

-cwessel

7.162 will not let you set up plus services

i tried to manually set up the plus services on my tt 510 but the new 7.162 update would not let me.kept flashing "does not support this service"

TT 910 and the Sprint Samsung M500

I have tried all of the recommendations to get the data link between the TT 910 and the Sprint Samsung M500 but have not had any success. I would appreciate any help in getting the data link connected. I am a power vision customer. Thanks

Hey all,
I have a Treo 755p and a go 700, and i have tried the suggestions above. today as i was configuring it, i noticed when i tried syncing my email on my treo i got a message that my DUN was in use. So it must be doing something.

T

hi,

i have a nextel i870 and had the same problem. if you have the wireless data plan already activated, here is what you need to enter to get it connected (sprint & nextel won't help you :mad: so i had to hack it myself :D )

access point - wap.sprint
username - (e-mail address removed)
password - sprint
ip address - 10.234.18.122 (set up manually not automatic)
dns - "leave blank"
dial # - s=2
login script - "leave blank"

after that you should be connected and running traffic and weather and having fun!

Don't know who you had to beg/wheedle/bribe/threaten to get this info, theql, but it's a dandy bit of intel for those of us on iDen phones! Used your info, but found that leaving the ip and dns configuration to be handled by DHCP ("auto") works just dandy, too.

I'm pretty close to a very longstanding Nextel employee in a technical position, and he wasn't able to extract this information!

Well done, and thanks!

Can someone help a neophite? Where do you access the code? I am not sure where I make this mod.:confused:
If you attempt to access Traffic on your 720, it will begin to ask you questions about how the connection is to be made. That's where you will enter the information so helpfully provided in this link. I lied to the 720 and told it I had a Motorola A835. Once you've done that, reply "Other" to the question about what carrier you're using for cell service. At that point, it'll ask what dial up networking information you will provide manually. I was just fine letting the unit use DHCP (didn't enter a specific IP address or DNS address). The big thing is to give the proper information to the phone that will force it to do an internet connection. In my case, the "s=2" was the trick. On other Nextel phones running different OS versions, the "#777" may well be the ticket. Neither of which look remotely like a phone number, and that's the information you're really providing the to phone. I've reviewed the iDen SDK information for these phones from Motorola, and there doesn't appear to be a standard for this.

I've even (albeit slowly) had some fun with my PC and "dialed up" the internet through my i870 by telling my browser I wanted to use dial-up over the "Bluetooth modem" instead of the usual LAN connection. That's what the TomTom is actually doing here.

Since I was successful in pulling up the Weather through the cell phone, I'm sure the traffic will work as well. With any luck, the folks at TomTom will answer the bloody phone before their working hours are over (I'm on permanent hold, it would seem), and I'll get the traffic service started. Their web site disrecommends it (access via TomTom Home 2.1), still shows European country support only, and only shows a Euro39 price, all of which -- if others are to be believed -- is bogus information. So I'm calling them to speak to someone live before I do anything rash. AFAIK, it's $25 and works just fine in most parts of the U.S. Just want to be sure that "my part" is one of them. I've also heard rumors about 30 day trials to assure the service is acceptable, but we'll see about that.

P.S. If you have another phone, use a Bluetooth equipped PC or notebook, and "discover" your phone. Then tell it to give you the Bluetooth services that your phone supports. If DUN (dial-up networking) appears, and if you have a data plan with your carrier, I'd say odds are VERY good that you can make this work. You just need the dial-up information we've been provided here or something equivalent to make it happen.

Last edited:
AFAIK, it's $25 and works just fine in most parts of the U.S. Just want to be sure that "my part" is one of them. I've also heard rumors about 30 day trials to assure the service is acceptable, but we'll see about that.
Addendum to prior post:

Got through to tech support (finally -- they seem to be swamped post-Christmas). Turns out I had an abberant GO 720. I'd thought they had started charging for BT traffic because my 720, after asking it to enable traffic, would pop up with a message about an expired subscription. Turns out that was so much garbage, and they managed to reset things on their end. Traffic over BT connect via cell phone to the internet is still a free service. Only the separate traffic receive requires a subscription where TT pays Clear Channel something and extracts it from TT customers.

Anyway, now the connection is being made as it should be, I have the little traffic icon in the upper right, and I'm ready to go. Can't wait to go "play in the street" in some real city traffic on Monday to see how well it actually works. Imagine hoping for a traffic delay to test it out!

I'm trying to get the wireless connection working to my Treo 755p (palm) with my TT 920T. No luck so far. I got the BT working and can use my phone through the 920T.

Any ideas? I tried all the suggestions in this tread with no luck.

I did some searching around on the Internet and came up with the following to get my TomTom GO 920T working with my Treo 755p. Now I can get traffic and weather through my Sprint Palm Treo 755p. It works. YAY :)

I used these instructions to get the 'Tethered mode hack' onto my 755p.
http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/

Here is the link to the post on TreoCentral:
http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=144700

I have included the post here for searching on this forum.

"I have my 700p connected to my 910 and so far it is working very well. It did take a few tries at bluetooth discovery, but after that it's been smooth sailing. I've only had it working for about 3 hours so far.

IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: I THINK this setup will use your data connection in a Phone As Modem (PAM) configuration, and YOU MAY BE BILLED EXTRA by Sprint. The reason I think this is because of the need to enter #777 as the number to dial for the data connection. This is the same number you use when making a PAM connection from a laptop, for example.

You've been warned!

I have the tethering mode hack installed, so this is going to be a test of whether or not that hack works after the MR has been applied.

Here's what I'm using for my settings.
Phone Model: Treo 650
Mobile Carrier: Other
Access Point Name: proxy (I think it's called Access Point Name, it's the first thing it asks you to enter. I don't know if 'proxy' is significant, but it's the same thing that the 910 suggests if you were to choose AT&T as your carrier and it's working for me. I tried it once with my own made-up name and it didn't work.)
Phone # to dial: #777
username: <leave blank>
password: <leave blank>
IP Address: Automatically assigned (DHCP)
DNS: Automatically assigned
Login Script: <leave blank>

Those might not be in the same order that it asks you, but I think it's all the items it asks for.

Once I entered all that info the 910 then recognized the features of the 700p that it could use, including 'hands-free', 'wireless data', 'phonebook' and 'DTMF'. 'Phonebook', it turns out, is not all of your contacts, but seems like it does include the recent call history and anything you've got set up in your favorites buttons.

I must say it is really cool to walk up to my car, and have the 700p pair to the 910 with the phone still in its case and without me touching any buttons. The one downside for me is that my car is parked so close to my bedroom that sometimes the phone pairs to the 910 while I'm lying in bed (I never turn the 910 off) . I then have to manually route the audio to the handset when I'm on a call. Also, one time when I walked up to the car, the 700p did a spontaneous soft reset. Every other time, though, it worked perfectly."

Last edited:
Sprint 8830 Worldphone

To all,

I appreciate all the info in this thread. I just got the 8830 paired with the TT910 and that part works great. I have not been able to get the weather and traffic to integrate with my current data features of Sprint. I know some in this thread have been manually entering data into the tt to get the connection going. I cannot find where that type of info would be entered. When I go to TomTom Plus services screen I notice that in the lower left of the screen the username "Anonymous" is displayed. I'm sure this is par of my problem but not sure how to change it. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks again.

GO 720 with TREO 700P Sprint

Well

I am new to the GPS world but so far I like the 720.

I have tried all the things I can find to get the TT to get online with limited success.

It pairs up with the phone just fine, I can make salls from teh TT but can't get to the network. I kow we have the unlimited data plan at work.

The only way I could get it to work was use a program onmy TREO called USB modem. I use this to get my laptop online over my phone. Once I used this I was able to get online by leaving all TT connection parameters empty and automatic IP/DNS and using Dial #777 (which is the dial code I use on my laptop)

I hope t findan easier way to get this to work because i think this way may cause problems with email etc.

Thanks for all the great info here

To all,

I appreciate all the info in this thread. I just got the 8830 paired with the TT910 and that part works great. I have not been able to get the weather and traffic to integrate with my current data features of Sprint. I know some in this thread have been manually entering data into the tt to get the connection going. I cannot find where that type of info would be entered. When I go to TomTom Plus services screen I notice that in the lower left of the screen the username "Anonymous" is displayed. I'm sure this is par of my problem but not sure how to change it. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks again.
It's not done in TomTom Home -- you make the attempt right on the TT unit itself. Ask for Weather, for example, and it should start asking you questions right away about just how you expect it to go about the process! Your first request for any Plus service should cause this.

Although I have a TT GP 720, I have a Motorola Q via Sprint.

I posted my question elsewhere, so I'll be brief here. The TT links with my phone, but I can't hear the other person and they can't hear me.

Don't know who you had to beg/wheedle/bribe/threaten to get this info, theql, but it's a dandy bit of intel for those of us on iDen phones! Used your info, but found that leaving the ip and dns configuration to be handled by DHCP ("auto") works just dandy, too.

I'm pretty close to a very longstanding Nextel employee in a technical position, and he wasn't able to extract this information!

Well done, and thanks!

blush blush canderson. i'm glad it worked. it was a lot of trial & error to get it to work. now i have upgraded to the sprint moto q9c and gave up trying to get the traffic/weather to work via the phone, and got a traffic receiver for xmas. quite nice. but with the nasty winter here in northern cali, weather would be great right now...

Ask a Question