sprint phones??

anyone know why there are no sprint phones or service listed with tomtom? Im sure there are alot of people with tomtoms that want this and these services. Im currently using a tomtom 910 and a Palm treo 700wx. Ide love to get the traffic working as this was the main reason for purchasing this unit over the cheaper one.
anyone have any ideas?>

sprint phones ; connected

hi,

i have a nextel i870 and had the same problem. if you have the wireless data plan already activated, here is what you need to enter to get it connected (sprint & nextel won't help you :mad: so i had to hack it myself :D )

access point - wap.sprint
username - (e-mail address removed)
password - sprint
ip address - 10.234.18.122 (set up manually not automatic)
dns - "leave blank"
dial # - s=2
login script - "leave blank"

after that you should be connected and running traffic and weather and having fun!

I dont know either. i turned off my blacberry 7100i and bought a krzr just so i can get traffic. but when i tried to get it connected i couldnt get past the apn, login script parts. when i called tomtom they were very nice and told me the krzr only works in europe and shouldnt have been on the list and that they didnt have any info on how to pair the two. they suggested i call sprint to get the info i needed and when i called tech support for sprint they didnt even know what i was talking about!! access point? the guy said . this was after being transfered several times from one techy to another. i hav had nothing but trouble with sprint/nextel for months and it seems like the people they hire to run support dont know much about any of there products or how they work. I did see somewhere a post with the info on how to do this BUT i cant find it anymore and it is making me crazy! PLEASE if any one has this info for any sprint phone let me know i will try anything. funny thing is both my phones had gps on them but i just love my tomtom i call her marymary instead! by the way its a one xl great little unit. some pois missing like six flags grest adventure in jackson nj very very strange but i dont need directions there anyways!! Come on all you techies help me out!!
Thanx
Mike

Thanks theql!!!!
Where did you get this info?
and why do you think sprint hsd no idea about any of this info?
Thanks again!!!!
Great Job!!
Mike;) :D

sprint phones connected

well mike, your welcome! im glad it worked for you. i know sprint has not clue because im sure nextel doesn't. i spent a week on the phone with nextel and even went into the repair center to get this information and no one could give it to me. i had a conversation with a tt tech and was told that sprint doesn't want to provide their connection info to tt to be added for connecton. and from the weeks worth of calls and a little luck, i hacked it and got it to work for me, so im happy to be able to have it work for others.
enjoy!

paulette :)

dial # - s=2
are there spaces there and why an s?
do I begin with the # sign?

I did as stated and didnt work maybe I used the wrong dial string?

sprint phone

dial # - s=2
are there spaces there and why an s?
do I begin with the # sign?

I did as stated and didnt work maybe I used the wrong dial string?

remlle,
there are no spaces. the dial number is "s=2" and i have no idea why. its what nextel told me and it worked for me.

paulette :)
theql

wonder if thats just a nextel thing. its not working on my sprint treo 700wx.

edit. I got it working. I had to change mine to #777 for the dial up number. as we speak it is downloading data.

Last edited:
I tried all this with my treo 700p and I have no luck. I also tried the variations and I can't get it to work. Anyone have any suggestions?

I've had no luck getting connected with my Treo 700P either. I will try with auto with the IP and DNS in the morning. Will advise if it worked or not. The Blue Tooth on my Treo 700P only recongizes my TT GO 510 as a TomTom GO only, could that be the issue as to why I cannot get Traffic to work? The software version is: 1.08, does the update 1.10 work better with TT devices?

I need some help

hi,

i have a nextel i870 and had the same problem. if you have the wireless data plan already activated, here is what you need to enter to get it connected (sprint & nextel won't help you :mad: so i had to hack it myself :D )

password - sprint
dns - "leave blank"
dial # - s=2

after that you should be connected and running traffic and weather and having fun!

I have done everything listed above with my Sprint LG Fusic tying to get it to connect to my tomtom 300, the final setup fails, it does connect to the phone but the the TomTOm 300 says the connection couldn't be made,
Any suggestions

Connection with Sprint SPHA920

I have tried the above and still have not had luck, the phone says CONNECTED TO TOMTOM GO, and the seconds start to count that its connected, then after about 6-10seconds, the TT unit says UNABLE TO SET UP WIRELESS DATA CONNECTION. Any suggestions?

THanks

IVe gotten it to work a couple time but nothing stable. it seems to be a miricle when i do get it to work and then once I do my phone wont do active syncs over the air with me exchange server untll disconnect the tt from the phone. Im just aggervated. Im gonna wait till the FM unit comes out.

hi,

password - sprint
dns - "leave blank"
dial # - s=2

Is the i870 a GSM phone? I see under username that you use sprintgprs.com, which would imply GSM. That may be why it won't work with CDMA phones like the Sprint Treo 700p.

wonder if thats just a nextel thing. its not working on my sprint treo 700wx.

edit. I got it working. I had to change mine to #777 for the dial up number. as we speak it is downloading data.

remlle, this is awesome news. But how where you able to enter the info? When I try it to edit the Plus account on my 910 it tells me feature is disabled, because the 700wx doesn't support data. If I delete the phone and try to edit the Plus account info it wants to bluetooth connect first and then it says the phone is not compatible. Which came first the chicken or the egg?

remlle, this is awesome news. But how where you able to enter the info? When I try it to edit the Plus account on my 910 it tells me feature is disabled, because the 700wx doesn't support data. If I delete the phone and try to edit the Plus account info it wants to bluetooth connect first and then it says the phone is not compatible. Which came first the chicken or the egg?

Well the only way I could get the 910 to see BT DUN on my sprint 700wx was by purchasing PDAnet. I've gotten mine to work inconsistently with the following:

access point - blank
password - I had to call my local sprint rep, he told me that normally sprint uses the last 4 digits of your social sec. Worked for me.
ip address -auto
dns - auto
dial # - #777
login script - blank

Like I said it seems to work intermittently, sometimes the update works, sometimes it says it can't access the wireless net. Not sure whats the deal.

hermdog

Not sure. Mine is very un reliable as well. ive gotten it to work 3 times in 1 week. and it stops data from my phone for my mail. Im not so sure Ill be keeping this as it does not work the way I Would hope it should. I had no problem entering the data because I Simply said enable data, and then enteredt the info manually. not sure why you had issues and how you got a screen that told you the 700 didnt support that.

My issue is now I Cant figure out how to tweak my settings. I cany find where to go to put the data in or change it now.

Not sure. Mine is very un reliable as well. ive gotten it to work 3 times in 1 week. and it stops data from my phone for my mail. Im not so sure Ill be keeping this as it does not work the way I Would hope it should. I had no problem entering the data because I Simply said enable data, and then enteredt the info manually. not sure why you had issues and how you got a screen that told you the 700 didnt support that.

My issue is now I Cant figure out how to tweak my settings. I cany find where to go to put the data in or change it now.

Did you use PDAnet to get the TOMTOM to recognize BT DUN?

Ask a Question