speedcam warning

TomTom Model(s)
I have a GO825.
When there is a speed check over a certain distance (ie. average speed measured over 2 km), then the device keeps on beeping every 5 seconds during the entire distance.
Even if you are well below the max speed.
Very [FONT=&quot]annoying[/FONT] !
Any way to stop this ?

Switching off the 'warn if above speed' option does not make a difference.

AFAIK, it should only bleep at you throughout the zone if you are instantaneously speeding or if your current average speed is over the limit.

Switching off the 'warn if above speed' option does not make a difference.

That's to be expected... That setting only affects whether you get the red patch appearing on the status bar when your current speed is a few mph over the limit.

Now... You can switch off ALL camera alerts in Main menu / Services (or Live Services) / Speed Cameras/ Disable alerts, but you can also disable each camera type in the warning settings...

It's in Main menu / Services (or Live Services) / Speed Cameras/ Alert Settings.

Select "Average Speed check" from the list of camera types, and you should get this screen:

attachment.php

and the following screen allows you to pick the warning sound for it (including "Silence").
Then the next two repeat the exercise for leaving the zone.

I haven't checked this myself, but it might have some effect on the "bleeps" while you are in the zone.

Attachments

• SPECS_settings.jpg
    SPECS_settings.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 803
Thanks for your help.

I have now set the option to 'only when speeding'.
There is no zone nearby, so I cannot test it right away.
Anyway, it worked perfectly before with 'always on'.
I think it started after the latest navcore update.
I'm now on 12.035.

You might be right... I too am worried that the wording of those settings screens makes no mention of what happens IN a zone.
The only way to stop it might be to kill the audio alert for Average zones completely.

The other thing might be that it is all working correctly, but that TT have got the new, reduced speed limit wrong for a particular zone.
That would produce the same constant bleeping as I often get when roadworks have finished and the normal speed limit has been restored, but TT's data is woefully out of date, so it thinks I should still be on the lower speed.

Ask a Question