Speed Warnings

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
Anyone with the new app and map have the speed limit showing on their TT?

I wonder if it's available in NA and whether it's as spotty as those on the European maps.

I don't. Is this a setting the user must enable?
If you have "Speed" checked under the status bar menu, it'll show your speed and if there's a known limit, it'll show xx/yy mph. It'll change to red if you're over the speed limit. Good to know if you're in a foreign place.

Gotcha, I'll make sure I have this checked and see if it does any good here in TX. I'm heading to AZ next week, I'll test it there too.

I reported this problem to TomTom on Jan. 15 but I haven't gotten any reply yet.
I have both the v650 and v665 maps on a GO 910. I still haven't seen any speed limit with the v665 map, even on roads that do have them on the v650 map. This seems to affect routing as well, unfortunately, and I hope the speed limits are actually in the map but the software can't access them correctly at this point. It's easier to fix the software than the maps...

I reported this problem to TomTom on Jan. 15 but I haven't gotten any reply yet.
I have both the v650 and v665 maps on a GO 910. I still haven't seen any speed limit with the v665 map, even on roads that do have them on the v650 map. This seems to affect routing as well, unfortunately, and I hope the speed limits are actually in the map but the software can't access them correctly at this point. It's easier to fix the software than the maps...
you won't get any feedback if you use "Report Map Software".

I usually report map errors to TeleAtlas (and/or NavTeq) directly. I find their web forms easier to handle and they do send an acknowldegment e-mail each time.
As for the absence of speed limits with TomTom's v665 map, it's not clear if it's a map or software issue, so I reported it via the online TomTom support.

speed limit problem too

hello

i have TT510 and it shows me my speed and its very accurate but no speed limit and it never turned red even if i am over the speed limit , usualy i am not but i tested it once and it never turned red.

is there something i can enable / disable to turn this option on ?

Thanks and regards
Philippe

Ask a Question