Speed Trap Alert

Louder?

Nice voices Pedro, but can the volume be made louder? They just don't seem as loud as the navigation voices.

Thanks

Last edited:
audio alerts for speeding

Hi there

I'm quite happy with the audio alerts when I am approaching a speed (SAFETY!) camera. However I had wrongly thought than when I'd read there is an option to be warned when breaking the speed liimit, that it meant an audio warning. Has anyone managed to configure theire TomTom ONE to do this - or do I have to settle for visual warning?

I have map 7.15 and hae run across some highways that do have Speed Limits stored. I was surprised the other day when the unit did beep when I went over the stored limit. The display also showed my speed in red next to the stored speed limit.

I don't know if we can add/change a speed limit for a road, however.

Last edited:
Speed traps Question

Hi. Thanks for the file. got it working after doing some reading.
thanks again.

Last edited:
question about the .ov2

Question.

Ok, I downloaded the RedLight Camera.ogg and the Speed Trap - 1.ogg.

Which .ov2 do I link it to?

Is there a common .ov2 that people link it to?

I only see the .ov2 that I uploaded.

Thanks for your help.

I don?t know if you have a specific place to locate the icons for radars. I am putting them here because they are a complement to .ov2 and .ogg

Series 469

Series 475 (included 25,35,45,55,65,75)

Juego475B.gif

How about another Red Light Camera Warning?

I don't want to hear Speed TRap at a Red Light Camera!

I made two files:
One Male and one Female

copy the .ogg file to your North America or US_and_Canada folder in your tomtom.
Rename the .ogg file to match the name of your speed trap POI file.

Red Light Cameras in NYC

Pedro...I downloaded redlight bmp and .ov2 files and was ready to install both. My Tom Tom is a One second edition. Simple machine. Maps are USA and Canada v.720.
Was about to those POI files and saw your comments on ogg file you provided. Now confusion. Any help appreciated.

Im sure you are using the latest firmware.
So if you have both Bmp and .ov2 file, you need the .ogg file (the actual sound file) placed in the sounds folder in your device.
You can get the .ogg file in my 1st post.
Once you place the ogg file in the sounds folder, you need to go to the manage POIs in your ONE and select 'warn when near POI'. Proceed forward and select the sound you downloaded.

Ask a Question