Speed/Direction Gauges instead of map

I have been tinkering with my new TT1 v3 (Yay Buy.com and awesoem deals) in preparation for an upcoming motorcycle ride. I will be going for quite a distance on roads where I don?t really need to see play by play of the freeway?.but I would like to see Speed/Direction/Max Speed/Total Distance etc displayed. Ideally when I got close to a turn it would change back to the map?.is this possible? Possibly as an addon tool?

I have TYRE and the Itinerary menu loaded, so maybe that is causing me to not see such an option?

I just loaded Tripmaster on my One XL and am in the stages of testing it out. Seems to be able to do exactly what I want (direction, max speed, route logging, elevation), the only problem is that set-up menu is a pain and is easier to edit the config.txt file on computer to make changes. Also the program runs pretty slow on the One XL (I think due to it's slower processor). Anyways I'm gonna see how it works on the bike and I'll post my results.

Oh by the way I'm using the 1.8a version so might try the 2.0 beta as well.

I added Tripmaster to my One. I like it except the speed is WAY slow in responding. Unless I sustain a speed for >10 seconds, it never even recognizes it. The normal display is hard to see to tell if it is a TomTom or a Tripmaster issue for sure.

I did like the route logging, very cool.

I like it except the speed is WAY slow in responding. Unless I sustain a speed for >10 seconds, it never even recognizes it.

Have you tried dropping the processperiod a bit?

I haven't fooled with the settings in some time, but mine is @ 50 with no harm done to the other functions. It may need to be higher for your device, try 150 and see if it works better.

Baumer said:
I just loaded Tripmaster on my One XL and am in the stages of testing it out. Seems to be able to do exactly what I want (direction, max speed, route logging, elevation), the only problem is that set-up menu is a pain and is easier to edit the config.txt file on computer to make changes. Also the program runs pretty slow on the One XL (I think due to it's slower processor). Anyways I'm gonna see how it works on the bike and I'll post my results.

Oh by the way I'm using the 1.8a version so might try the 2.0 beta as well.

I'm probably wrong here, but I think the XL is a device that can't use all of the setup menus through v 1.8. Definitely try & use v2. Some leave v1.8 on their device, I don't see a reason if you're like me and can't use the setup from 1.8 anyway. It's an app that really makes the device useful - have fun

Ask a Question