Speed Camera Warnings on M25

The tomtom concerned me yesterday when it suggested in places that the speed limit on the M25 was 50, even though there were no warning signs that this was the case and the variable speed limit signs were not in force. I certainly wasn't going through any roadworks at the time. On one occasion it told me that the speed limit was 50 even though I had just come through some roadworks (speed limit 50) and had gone back up to the national speed limit. I imagine that these warnings must refer to where there used to be roadworks. Is there any way of updating the speed camera database please?

The speed camera database that TomTom offer in the UK isn't very good in terms of accuracy of locations, speed ratings or in the case of motorway roadworks its just out of date before they release it.

As an example the intersection of the M55 and M6 had SPECS average speed cameras on it which were removed in March 2009, they are still on the database some 21 months after the cameras were removed from the road side!

Do yourself a favour if you want a decent speed camera database for use in the UK have a look at PocketGPSWorld.com and you won't go far wrong at all, at least its accurate, contains locations where mobiles are known to operate from and is updated weekly - Mike

My own (and granted, somewhat limited) experience tells me that if you were able to achieve 50mph on the M-25, you were doing better than most of us to begin with :p Having made a few too many slow runs between Gatwick and Heathrow, I can't say I've been so lucky.

Ask a Question