Speed Camera update question

Hi folks, I'm new to the forum. I wonder can anyone give me a bit of advice?

I've just downloaded the Speed camera update for my TomTom One. The ?9.99 has been debited from my account but there doesn't seem to be any evidence that it's arrived on my TomTom, though I did follow the instructions and worked through "TomTom Home" on the PC.

I'd be grateful for any advice on where to start looking for the update.

Cheers all,

B.

I'm assuming you're talking about TomTom's OWN speed camera data and not a third-party one?

If so, then in Home, you should click on the "Update my ONE" section (bottom left on the first page.
It should then offer you all the camera data (usually as a whole set of individual country files, dependant on what country maps you have.

Have you had this download? Or can you see the camera files in Home ready to download?

If not, then you'll need to contact customer services to ask why not.

--------------------------

Once they *are* downloaded and installed on the device, you need to "Enable" them and then set up the warning preferences, both in the TT's own menus.

I don't have a ONE in front of me, but usually they are in "Safety Alerts" or "TomTom Services" or somewhere like that in the Preferences menus.

---------------------------

Finally, if you connect the ONE to your PC and use Windows Explorer to browse the TomTom's memory, look in the map folder (called Western Europe or North America or whatever) and see if you can see any files with an .ov2 extension (the three letters after the dot in the filenames) that are called "Safety_Cam..." or anything similar.

Cheers Andy. That's everything I need to know.

I notice that TT's contact phone number for help isn't readily available nor is it immediately conspicuous anywhere at all.

Cunning devils.

Thanks again Andy.

Buckeroo

Shame on me! So it is. Apologies to TomTom.

This humble pie doesn't taste too bad after the first few spoonfulls.

Buckeroo.

Ask a Question